Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [.9.1.a RC7] Game crash in fleet doctrine screen  (Read 752 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
[.9.1.a RC7] Game crash in fleet doctrine screen
« on: May 27, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »

I have run into a crash that occurs seemingly at random when in the "doctorine" screen of my colony. So far, 3 crashes have occurred, all of them while either mousing over or selecting different weapons/ ship hulls to be used in my fleet doctrine. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes of browsing and selecting weapons/ships before the crash occurs, and it does not appear to be linked to a specific hull or weapon.
This is a modded game, so I'm not sure if this belongs in the bug report section of the forum or not.

Note: I cannot be certain, but it appears that the crash may have to do with the auto-generated sample fleet. Assuming that the crash is due to encountering an unknown ship hull/ variant, could a default alternative such as the nebula be reverted to in order to avoid a crash? I believe something similar was used to prevent crashing when an unknown ship ID was encountered upon attempting to salvage a ship.

log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18gHvPQ2IP5UhHwKY8tF6gCPwyTgNCUnl
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:05:47 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [.9.1.a RC7] Game crash in fleet doctrine screen
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »

(Just in general, anything with mods running should go in the modded reports forum, unless you're 100% sure it's not mod related.)

Let me take a look - this'll take a bit of investigating. It does look like, at first glance, a fleet member has a null variant, but it's hard to be 100% sure...

Are you possibly able to upload your mods folder and your savefile somewhere I could get a hold of them, and describe what you're doing in the doctrine screen when the crash happens? If I was able to reproduce this, that would help a lot.