Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a RC8] Colonies with Stability >= 2 Immune to Pather Sabotage  (Read 875 times)

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile

I thought I read that somewhere.  In practice, every time I see the Pathers try something (and I have seen at least a dozen tries over two games), they are foiled every time.  Maybe there is a bug somewhere that doubles the chances of (or sets it to 100%) failed sabotage?

I also could not think of a successful incident, so, curiosity piqued, I went code diving! And in LuddicPathCellsIntel, I find this:
Code: java
	protected boolean checkSuccess() {
float pSuccess = 1f - market.getStabilityValue() * 0.5f;
return random.nextFloat() < pSuccess;
}

Is that suppose to be a 0.05f?

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile

I can't be sure myself, but it looks to me that you are right; at least looking at the API documentation (Not a modder/barely dabbled in programming):

I've never had any Pather sabotage against me in 0.9.1a so this would make a lot of sense why.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I can confirm that all Pather attempts since 0.9.1 so far have been prevented on my colonies. At stability 10 that should be 50/50.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for tracking this down! The weird thing is I distinctly remember testing this, but, well. Apparently not.

Fixed! Also made it 0.075 (for a 25% chance at 10 stability); that feels a bit better.