Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weird rare item drops  (Read 3930 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Weird rare item drops
« on: May 22, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »

So I don't actually remember any items being easier to find now but this seems kinda crazy honestly. I'll go in a random system not too far out of the core, survey a planet which in the end turns out pretty bad, but it has ruins. And in those ruins BAM 2 alpha cores. Funny thing is this actually happened twice and I've maybe explored 5% of the map. I've yet to fight any Remnants which is silly seeing my colony with 5 alpha cores (I got one from the quest). Also happened to find 3 frickin synchrotron cores in one Orbital habitat, or a mining station idk, some floaty thingy around a planet. In 0.9 I had trouble finding one in half of the map...

Anyone else experiencing this? No points in Salvage skill btw
Please don't take me too seriously.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Weird rare item drops
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »

Random is random!

I recently got 3 alpha cores in a new game fighting about 6 small (~3 cruisers + 4 destroyers each) Remnant fleets, plus assorted beta and gamma. In my previous game, I farmed about 10 MUCH larger fleets, including those with Remnant battleships, and received no alphas. It happens :D.

Personally I enjoy it, because what you randomly find helps to shape the course of the game, especially blueprint wise.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure the drop rate for AI cores was increased significantly this patch, or at least I thought I remembered reading that in some patch notes.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »

I am spoiled with Synchrotrons and Corrupted Nanoforges, yet 'only' found 2 Pristine ones. I have almost every system visited, though probably not combed through.

Drop rate for AI cores was buffed by a lot.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »

You sure? Maybe it’s just random.
A ruined colony with 2 alpha cores is not totally unimaginable, cuz I install several in every colony, so if it’s ruined and some one else comes looking, they may find two cores in the ruins.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

It is. I have a save post .91 with 2 synchros in storage... 2 in use... and 4 i sold to all the fuel producers. I found more pristine forges than corrupted.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:52 PM »

Changes as of April 25, 2019

Campaign
  • Increased drop rate of AI cores from REDACTED

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »

he was talking about ruins and wrecks. Maybe he got the admiral skill for increase drops?

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »

I've sold stacks of over 40 Gamma cores (At Tri-Tachyon that is 30,000 credits a piece for some decent cash...salvaging does pay quite well), but I kind of like the drop rate for Alpha cores, as it allowed me to nearly, but not completely maximize the output of my 3 colonies after exploring the entire map (albeit not super-thoroughly).

I think though that drop rates for Nanoforges/Synchrotrons is too high considering how valuable they are; every game I've had since 0.9a was released eventually led me to having many spares of these in storage.  Since I ended up with spares, Corrupted Nanoforges are pretty much purposeless since I have more than enough pristine Nanoforges for my Orbital works.

I would actually like to see Pristine Nanoforges/Synchrotrons spawn only a single version in each game (A guaranteed spawn, but only one of each).  Perhaps they could eventually be hidden behind a rather difficult task, but the eventual reward from obtaining one of these would feel a lot better IMO once you obtained them.  Would also give a bit more significance to raiding Sindria if you really were planning on cornering the fuel market.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 06:33:41 AM »

They don't have to be useless. What happens when you sell Nanoforges and Synchrotrons to factions? Do they put them in their colonies? Because I'm hoping they do. Since you can really hurt a colony with a single raid that removes a Nanoforge from its Orbital Works, selling it back to them should enable them to plug it in.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 06:53:16 AM »

Yes factions do install them if you sell them on the open market to that faction.

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 07:23:17 AM »

Yes factions do install them if you sell them on the open market to that faction.

Does this apply to blueprints?
<Nada>

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »

Only pirates will use blueprints you sell on the black market.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »

Mixed Age
Normal Size
~40% explored
Spoiler
Don't worry about the access. It's only a pirate raid that's -3 stab. and -50% access that's based from the opposite side of the sector. :welp:
[close]

Somewhat annoyed by the abundance of forges and synchros.
Now it's been made even more of an issue since you are far less likley to have industry worlds for all your colonies under the new system, so there's less possible places to put the rare things but an abundance of them.

"Rare" things don't feel at all rare, as they are (imo) much too easy to acquire in numbers great enough to ensure you never have to make a difficult choice about where to use them.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 05:42:11 PM »

"Rare" things don't feel at all rare, as they are (imo) much too easy to acquire in numbers great enough to ensure you never have to make a difficult choice about where to use them.
Well for Synchrotrons/Nanoforges I agree, but interestingly single ship/weapon blueprints meant that I did miss out on a few ships that I wanted (Tempest and Omen for example) and I very nearly missed out on acquiring Phase lances until the end of my game during salvaging (And if I had missed out on Tachyon Lances my Hi-Tech Star Fortress and I would of been rather sad).

So there is still that element of "yay I found something amazing!", just not for certain things that you would expect to be rare as well.
Pages: [1] 2