Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: inventory suggestions  (Read 1057 times)

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
inventory suggestions
« on: May 20, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »

1.  Very large stacks of items to just occupy a single inventory slot:  10,000+ single-items such as:  14935 units fuel.  (There's a trick to override the current limitation on stack size...it's on the planetary exploration page IIRC...moving things to/from the discard area allows for very large stack size)

a.  this is especially useful in different resolutions.  I like to play at 1440x900 on my current PC so efficiency in the inventory would be really helpful. 

c.  suggest that weapons occupy single slots of up to 100 units or more.

2.  much lower priority, just a suggestion:  the auto-sort (which I've only seen my accident) simply mashes everything on top...instead, suggest that the auto-sort do this:

a.  place all essential consumables on the left columns.  leave at least one column empty.
b.  place all weapons on the right columns.
c.  the first row of the top left must always start with the essentials:  supplies, fuel, crew, heavy machinery
d.  second row on the top left must have:  soldiers, metal, transplutonics, volatiles
e.  all the rest of the "consumables/things" should stay on the left four columns.
f.  all weapons will populate the right-most five columns only...all the way down.
g.  place all fighter lpcs in the 1st of the "weapon columns"

Bonus points:  the "weapons with the most items in a given stack" should be listed first...this would help the player find when they have 32 Salamanders...time to find a buyer!

hmm...maybe mini-mod-worthy...if indeed the auto-sort is exposed for modding.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: inventory suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 08:01:30 AM »

With regards to 1). I thought that 0.9.1a removed the 1000 stack limit from the player's inventory? So the workaround is no longer needed. I was looking forward to that change when I heard about it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 08:04:24 AM »

(The limit is indeed removed, but unfortunately it requires starting a new game for that to take effect.)

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

confirmed for item #1...great!