Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modding - New buildings Plans and progress  (Read 2019 times)

Krantz86

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Modding - New buildings Plans and progress
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:25:23 AM »

hi, I've recently decided to start modding and I've been looking at various modding guides trying to find how to create and properly code new buildings if you can narrow to a  specific guide please send a link.

Building Mod Plans:
Morally questionable buidlings/industries as someone may prefer the pirate/criminal syndicate RP from time to time, profit at the price of population growth and/or stability

Blood Sports: 2 levels Blood Pits/Arenas->Koliseums
-Blood Pits: By building a series of spaces dedicated to commercializing blood sports violence becomes a commodity, it offer a flat Income the at price of reduced pop growth as more crime pops up inside the colony
-Koliseums: By abandoning any concept of subterfuge the blood pits are expanded, deadly games becomes a common thing and they're available on every pay-per-view channel of the sector for a modest fee, welcome to Death Race! welcome to Blood Bowl! Welcome to Mortal Kombat! offers a bigger Income at the price of a steep colony growth and -1 to stability

Chemical Industries: Requires organics and produces drugs -1 to stability

Scavenger Industries: Similar to an average tech mining (only resource output) as chop shops are encouraged to dismantle and sell legally acquired derelicts -1 stability (kinda odd that so many derelicts are found on the gray market even when only few of those has passed through customs)

Private Security HQ: uses drugs and soldiers, add +1 stability
can be upgraded into: PMC less upkeep from level 1 as you can recoup part of their price from taxes but reduces pop growth because they sell their loyalty to the highest bidder (think of Trauma Team International of cyberpunk)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Modding - New buildings Plans and progress
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:26:43 AM »

On how to code industries: If you haven't already done so, look at the existing implementations in the vanilla code (extract [starsector-core]/starfarer.api.zip and look in com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/econ/impl). Industries are also defined in [starsector-core]/data/campaign/industries.csv.

There are also a few mods with custom industries that you can look at (Scy Nation, Shadowyards and Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering all have examples, and likely a few other mods as well).

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Modding - New buildings Plans and progress
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »

Eek I had similar non pirate oriented role play buildings in mind but this is mind bending
 I can understand some of that sheet
Id is the id associated for when you place pictures, rules and the like.
Name is the name that shows up.
 but cost/population/Population is confusing as heck 15, 60 ,,1,,, for farming for instance means what?

The second row sets if it's an industry or structure so straightforward there
and pictures are kept at graphics/icons/industry

why are the rules for building kept where they are? I found it but I never would have without your help  :-\.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:21:52 PM by Recklessimpulse »