Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: "Ghost" pirate base  (Read 730 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
"Ghost" pirate base
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:12:13 AM »

I colonized a star system. A pirate base was supposedly set up in that system after I colonized it, yet I cannot find the pirate base. I have checked around every planet, every asteroid field, etc. and no pirate base to be found. Game is mostly vanilla (magic lib, lazy lib, unknown skies, fuel siphoning, console commands and combat chatter), nothing that should cause a bug like this. Raids are still being conducted by this ghost pirate base despite no actual base being established.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LE0S6wsJna7wx_bREQcVbL9Lqg4MtWOQ/view?usp=sharing
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: "Ghost" pirate base
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:20 AM »

I opened up your game and it isn't bugged. A pirate base being "somewhere nearby" means that it's in the same cluster of stars, not the same system. I did manage to find it so if you don't wanna search for yourself it's in
Spoiler
Delta Thros
[close]
The pirates threatening your colony in Hera are going to be in another star in that cluster most likely.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: "Ghost" pirate base
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:15 AM »

My apologies, I might have misread the tooltip somehow. I could have sworn that they were raiding me from my own colony system. Sorry for wasting your time, but excellent work on the game so far, the last bugfix patch was much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:49:36 AM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity