Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Pirate Paragon  (Read 2813 times)

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
The Pirate Paragon
« on: May 13, 2019, 03:49:52 PM »

So I got very lucky on my first 0.9.1 vanilla run.

The second cluster I explored for bounty hunting, right next to the core worlds, had two good planets for colonization and several stations including a research station. And here I got a Paragon blueprint right at the start of the game. What to do?

Sell it to the Pirates to jump-start two colonies of course!  ;D I had already made good starting money by smuggling supplies and heavy armaments to Qaras and I found it fitting to continue my opportunistic anarchistic tendencies. It was very much a conscious decision, I wanted a challenge and was bored of the constant boring pirate grind from 0.9. Also the thought of Paragon pirate fleets was hilarious, especially from a lore perspective.

It was't as funny though when the FIRST pirate fleet to raid my undefended colonies looked like this while my fleet consisted of only a falcon and a few destroyers and frigates:
Spoiler
[close]

Turned out that it wasn't as bad as it looked. They had a Paragon but only had access to their very limited energy weapon selection. So with only 2 autopulse lasers it wasn't really a threat and got swarmed and killed eventually.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 03:52:13 PM by The2nd »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: The Pirate Paragon
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »

Thanks for sharing! I think this is really cool. Also, the pirates not only jumpstarted your colonies, but are a potential source of slightly used free Paragons!

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:18:45 AM »

That's very interesting. I didn't know factions would use blueprints.
I'm now considering if I should sell the pirates a Legion and Onslaught blueprint, if I come across them.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:24:45 AM »

did this intentionally by sellling all bp at black market.
it was ever better with 600++ ship swarms.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 03:13:26 AM »

Presumably this means you can also sabotage pirate compositions by selling them civvy Atlas et al?

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 05:18:41 AM »

They are already slowed by their battleship Atlases, how is that sabotaging them?

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 05:46:13 AM »

logic behind fleet composition is rather smart, you wont make them weaker\slower with bp locked ships.

but this may happen with ill balanced mod added ships.