Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Campaign Map Speedup Indicator  (Read 741 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Campaign Map Speedup Indicator
« on: May 12, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »

Now that this is a toggle, the fact that the Game Paused text often makes the current speed-up status invisible is turning into something of a UI problem. The current status of the speed-up toggle should be shown somewhere, at all times. Hell - make it a clickable GUI element somewhere so people that prefer that to hotkeys can toggle the speedup (and pause?) too.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Map Speedup Indicator
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 08:41:24 PM »

The status appears to be on the top middle of the screen.
But yes, it should be in a more UI-focused area. Bottom middle, or something.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Map Speedup Indicator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:49:21 AM »

This could be handy, especially since toggling speed off shows no message, and I had to re-toggle it to confirm if double speed is on or not.

For what it is worth, Endless Sky has the standard fast-forward icon at the (upper-left?) corner of the screen when fast-forward is toggled on.  Transcendence has no icon, but its fast-forward (called autopilot there) is 5x speed and blatantly obvious, and shows a message every time you toggle it on or off.