Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC6] Tempest that retreats may not be fully removed  (Read 623 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I began a battle with Tempest, destroyed few ships, and lured more enemies toward the bottom where my fleet burns in.  I retreat Tempest off the map slightly to the left of the bottom, with enemy destroyers following nearby.  I burn in the rest of my fleet.  One of the enemy ships drifted toward where my Tempest retreated and its Terminators appeared and took pot shots at the enemy ship.  I could target the drones to reveal my retreated Tempest - a ghost ship.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC6] Tempest that retreats may not be fully removed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »

Could you clarify what you mean by "reveal my retreated Tempest"? And in what way is that caused by targeting the drones?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »

I retreated the Tempest manually.  I was piloting it.

I targeted the drones with my new flagship by moving cursor over the drone and hit [T].

I saw a green Tempest silouette (I think).  It was not moving.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

Oh, I see - the silhouette was probably the drone's, then, since that has a similar shape to the Tempest. Looking into it: this is a bit weird, but also "how it works" - fighters will stick around for about 30 seconds after a carrier leaves the field, for whatever reason.