Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768585 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.4.3 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #630 on: January 04, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »

Ok, gotcha. It would be pretty cool to see the fame of ships reflected in ways other than just a hullmod. I'll keep that goal in mind

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 04, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »

...You know what would be neat for reflecting fame of player ships? Have one of the bar storyteller options be telling tales about particularly famous player-fleet vessels.

I wouldn't want that to reduce the odds of getting a story of a potentially-useful derelict, though; maybe have it as an alternative to stories of active (or even active non-bounty) NPC fleets?

...I don't have any great ideas for interactions, though. Best notions I've come up with are maybe someone trying to buy the ship in question off you, or perhaps a few crewmembers who want to sign up (kindof like the marines encounter?), or maybe some way to justify an opt-in spawn-a-hostile-fleet thing?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 04, 2021, 08:39:59 PM »

Best notions I've come up with are maybe someone trying to buy the ship in question off you, or perhaps a few crewmembers who want to sign up (kindof like the marines encounter?)
Hah! That's exactly the direction I went with it. I just jotted this down in the "bar event ideas" section of my notes a few hours ago:
Meet crew who are fans of a famous ship/captain, who offer to join for free, increasing loyalty
And this one has been in that section for months:
Fleet commander/Aspiring bounty hunter (independent) - offers to buy one of the famous ships in your fleet (can't find decent ships)

Not sure what you're getting at with the hostile fleet spawning thing. Mind elaborating?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 04, 2021, 11:11:16 PM »

Was thinking something along the lines of getting news that a pirate "privateer" is hunting your fleet to try and salvage your high-rep ship - except that that doesn't quite work because it doesn't seem fair to just drop that on the player without it being in some way opt-in.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 05, 2021, 01:51:44 AM »

What if player could themselves spread rumors about their ships to make them gain reputation faster? And this would also cause various kinds of adventurers to hunt your fleet for glory and famous ships to add to their collections. Maybe there could also be a bar event where someone hears your story and challenges you? If you agree you get to fight alone on your famous ship against their famed flagship of equal DP AND you also get a big reputation boost for your ships on victory.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:53:31 AM by Farya »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 05, 2021, 07:39:41 AM »

Wyvern & Farya are on to something. I'd suggest something like:
Bar event: Player finds a storyteller
Player choice: listens to the tale
New choice: A) Player asks how to find the ship B) Player simply leaves C) Player ignores the storyteller's ship an brags about his own, making it more famous or infamous.
Hidden chance if C is chosen: Bountyhunters are sent after the player ship
Hidden chance if C is chosen: Wealthy potentiate makes a very lucrative offer on the player ship
Hidden chance if C is chosen: Port authority recognize your ship if you had ever used the Black Market where the bar is. Your ship is impounded (not your fleet, just that one ship) & you are forced to buy it back at auction after a month passes.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Legends - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #636 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:34 AM »

I wonder if this can spawn rare, blueprintless and unproducable ships like IBBs from Ship and Weapon Pack.

Notes: Losing legendary traits maintaining 100% combat rating is quite annoying.  Gaining negative traits for no apparent reason after a ludicrous salvage on logistic ships is also quite annoying. Same with a good performing combat ship that just increased its combat rating.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 07, 2021, 01:22:04 AM »

Civilian ship amassing all the negative traits is really very annoying and makes me want to never use them, getting combat freighters instead. They should not get reputation differently from combat ships at all or get a less random system - salvaging good stuff, gaining experience from bulk trading and missions would give them good rep, accidents during salvaging would reduce it.

AlexAtheos

• Ensign
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 13, 2021, 12:46:54 PM »

unsure how to feel about THIS

Clunky
[close]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 14, 2021, 06:22:42 AM »

It looks like you increased "fleetTraitEffectMult" by quite a bit (or possibly "effectMult" for the notable tier). Pretty sure that would only be a 45% reduction with default settings. I wouldn't recommend setting effectMults much higher than the defaults.

@Wyvern, Farya, IonDragonX: Sorry for the late reply. A new feature involving famous ships attracting some form of hostility could be cool if I can figure out a good way to do it. I'll keep it in mind.

Losing legendary traits maintaining 100% combat rating is quite annoying.  Gaining negative traits for no apparent reason after a ludicrous salvage on logistic ships is also quite annoying.
Civilian ship amassing all the negative traits is really very annoying and makes me want to never use them, getting combat freighters instead.
Some of the changes I have planned should help address these issues by providing more options and making them more accessible.

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2021, 07:50:43 PM »

Is it normal to have warship that have one bad trait even when they are very successful in battle?
Yeah, that's normal. With default settings, only ships with perfect ratings of 100% will gravitate toward have nothing but good traits.
[/quote]

Yeah but the said ship have more than a 100% rating. If i can change this whit the setting, can you explain me how. 

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »

Yeah but the said ship have more than a 100% rating.
That would be a bug. How high is the rating? If it is consistently at (or possibly above) 100%, then the ship will eventually have only good traits.

If i can change this whit the setting, can you explain me how. 
The easiest way would be to set "ignoreAllMaluses" to true in the config file. That would prevent any ship from getting new negative traits. You could also use the console commands mod to edit the traits of your ships to your liking. Open the console and enter "help starship_legends" for a list of relevant commands.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 22, 2021, 03:39:21 PM »

Got a storyteller-spawned derelict that was literally inside a star when I entered the system.

It was a binary system of the 'two stars in close orbit around each other, then other things orbiting around the pair of them' type, and fortunately the ship wasn't on exactly the same orbital period as the stars were, so I was able to recover it after waiting a bit.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 23, 2021, 05:44:56 PM »

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out! Seems more like a feature than a bug to me, even if the orbital period had been exactly the same. That kind of orbital arrangement might become problematic in the next version of Starsector once the interaction changes between terrain and emergency burn. For now it seems fine, but I'll reassess once I've played 0.95a a bit.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 24, 2021, 08:51:45 AM »

Got a storyteller-spawned derelict that was literally inside a star when I entered the system.

It was a binary system of the 'two stars in close orbit around each other, then other things orbiting around the pair of them' type, and fortunately the ship wasn't on exactly the same orbital period as the stars were, so I was able to recover it after waiting a bit.

I like those extreme kind of terrain situations, when you finally get that ship it feels truly rewarding.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 81