Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768205 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.13 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #495 on: December 22, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »

The error was a popup, saying "Starship Legends has encountered an error, please let the mod author know." Below that was simply the word "null."
Sorry, I should have clarified. When a message like that pops up it logs the stack trace to starsector.log, just as if there had been a full crash.

The last release version of KT seems to work fine with SL, so I suppose I'll start with that and add things back in until I get the error.

EDIT2: Okay, I give up. I've tried re-implementing everything I had added to my draft mod into my released mod. No error, SL works just fine. So I have no clue what could have gone wrong.
I guess it means there's no problem - and sorry for the wild goose chase. Very strange overall. I'll be back if I start seeing these errors again.
Well, that is very disconcerting, but at least there doesn't seem to be a released incompatibility. Please do let me know if you find out anything more about what the cause might have been. That seems like a mystery worth solving.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 22, 2019, 10:31:14 PM »

I'm trying to post this log, but the forum isn't even letting me post it. Curiouser. I'm going to try to PM it to you.

EDIT: PM doen't work either. let me try pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/bDRKdtRx

Okay, there it is...looks module related indeed. I hope it sheds some light on something - no idea what's wrong with the forum today.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:41:05 PM by Sinosauropteryx »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 24, 2019, 02:50:15 AM »

A ship I'm playing with seems to be stuck at famous rep levels, even though I pilot it in almost every engagement, whereas some newer ships seem to be all the way up to legendary. Why could that be?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 24, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »

My guess would be bad RNG, but there's always the possibility it could be something else. The chance to get a new trait is based on the amount of xp earned in a battle. By default it takes five times as much xp to guarantee a new legendary trait than a famous one, so it can be a bit of a crapshoot at that tier even if you're fighting huge battles.

If you suspect a bug, you could drastically reduce the xp requirement in the settings, like this:

"legendary":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":100,
      "effectMult":8,
   },

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.14 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #499 on: December 27, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.14
Compatible with all previous versions

Removed the possibility for ships with modules to be chosen as famous flagships or derelicts, as this could lead to crashes (this won't be necessary with the next version of Starsector)
Fixed loyalties being reset in many circumstances.
Fixed a problem that increased the number of storytellers that tell "fanciful fabrications"
Added Escape as a hotkey for all "leave" options related to storyteller events

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #500 on: January 02, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »

Bug: My Excelsior didn't have hull damage registered or lose rating when disabled but then recovered.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:57:58 AM by Histidine »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 02, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »

Thanks for the report! Sorry about that. I'll make sure to fix it for the next release.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »

The 'no hull tamage taken' bug is still floating around. I've had it happen several times that the whole fleet shows 0% damage taken where I know some ships took hull damage.

I set "bonusChanceForCivilianShips":0, and "bonusChanceForReservedShipsMult":0, but campaign XP still gives my civilian ships traits. Can I disable this part?

Astyanax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 05, 2020, 05:20:51 PM »

Hi Sundog, I'm absolutely loving this gem of a mod. Thanks for sharing it!

One question, though. My support ships (tankers, salvage rigs) tend to get notable reputation changes very easily, even if never deployed in battle. I tend to see a reputation change perhaps every other battle/salvage event. Is this normal?  I'm playing with an Industry-specced captain.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:33:57 PM by Astyanax »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 05, 2020, 06:32:16 PM »

The 'no hull tamage taken' bug is still floating around. I've had it happen several times that the whole fleet shows 0% damage taken where I know some ships took hull damage.
Well that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know. Any idea how to reproduce it? How often does it happen?

I set "bonusChanceForCivilianShips":0, and "bonusChanceForReservedShipsMult":0, but campaign XP still gives my civilian ships traits. Can I disable this part?
You'll want to set "traitChanceMultForCivilianShips" to 0 for that. Bonus chances are the chance to get good traits as opposed to bad ones.

Hi Sundog, I'm absolutely loving this gem of a mod. Thanks for sharing it!
Glad you like it!  ;D

One question, though. My support ships (tankers, salvage rigs) tend to get notable reputation changes very easily, even if never deployed in battle. I tend to see a reputation change perhaps every other battle/salvage event. Is this normal?  I'm playing with an Industry-specced captain.
It's normal if you're steadily earning XP outside of battle. Civilian support ships earn new traits based on non-battle XP now.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 06, 2020, 07:53:06 AM »

I'll keep an eye out for which kinds of engagements still cause this.

Oh duh, it says it right there in the config file!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:54:39 AM by Schwartz »

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 06, 2020, 12:24:23 PM »

In the FAQ it says that mothballing a ship removes the traits. Will putting a ship in colony storage also remove the traits?

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 06, 2020, 12:50:45 PM »

In the FAQ it says that mothballing a ship removes the traits. Will putting a ship in colony storage also remove the traits?

Only if it is mothballed before storage.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 06, 2020, 02:59:49 PM »

I'll keep an eye out for which kinds of engagements still cause this.
Thanks! In the meantime I'll take a look at the code and see if I can find anything wrong.

Only if it is mothballed before storage.
Yup! Updated the FAQs to clarify this.

ActuallyUlysses

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 07, 2020, 08:10:26 AM »

Hi,
came back to check out your mod few months later and I gotta say - I love it. Previously I had to alter settings to make it work with my tastes, now it works great right out of the box :D
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81