Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768278 times)

Buff Skeleton

• Ensign
  • UFO Detected on Corpse Radar
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.12 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2019, 06:32:11 PM »

Fixed loyalty to the player character being reset for a ship if the reputation hullmod tooltip was viewed without any captain being assigned

Excellent! Pretty sure this was what was going on in that post I made a while back. Damn, you've sure been busy -- I think I was on v1.3.8 or something at that time!

Thanks for putting so much thought into this mod; it's definitely one of the best additions to Starsector.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »

Fixed loyalty to the player character being reset for a ship if the reputation hullmod tooltip was viewed without any captain being assigned

Excellent! Pretty sure this was what was going on in that post I made a while back.
Yeah, I think you're right! In fact, it looks like I never replied to your bug report, which means I probably forgot to look into it. That's a shame. I probably could've fixed the issue three patches ago if I had paid more attention.

Damn, you've sure been busy
Yeah, true, unfortunately. When I set out to make this mod I wasn't planning for it to be so hard to maintain, and yet here we are 30 versions later ::)

Thanks for putting so much thought into this mod; it's definitely one of the best additions to Starsector.
;D

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 21, 2019, 04:19:18 AM »

Awesome mod, just finished a run using this. Adds a lot of flavor to your fleet! Keep up the good work.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it  ;D

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.13 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2019, 10:38:22 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.13
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed new storyteller bar events temporarily not being created in some cases
Fixed some player ships having the effects of the enemy fleet's reputation during battle in some cases

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2019, 11:06:44 AM »

Question: what is it that causes an AI persona to become insubordinate and what can I do about it? (or is it random?)
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2019, 06:52:32 AM »

AI loyalty works exactly the same as crew loyalty, just with different flavor text. Basically, loyalty has a chance to get worse after a battle in which the ship does poorly, and it has a chance to improve if the ship does well. How well a ship does in battle is based on the rating it gets for a given battle. There are a lot of details about how it works in the "Frequent Questions" section of the original post.

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2019, 02:40:26 PM »

Just noticed that when you win a fight but decide not to pursue/join pursuit, then the battle report ends up as a lost battle :/

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »

Hey, thanks for letting me know! Is this for battles involving allied fleets? I just tried to reproduce this by fighting some pirates, allowing a kite to escape, and choosing "let them go," but it resulted in a victory.

Also, just so you know, whether the battle report shows victory or defeat doesn't really matter. It's just flavor text and it doesn't affect ratings or anything. Still, I would prefer for it to not to be wrong, so any further details you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 02, 2019, 03:27:20 AM »

Hey, thanks for letting me know! Is this for battles involving allied fleets? I just tried to reproduce this by fighting some pirates, allowing a kite to escape, and choosing "let them go," but it resulted in a victory.

Also, just so you know, whether the battle report shows victory or defeat doesn't really matter. It's just flavor text and it doesn't affect ratings or anything. Still, I would prefer for it to not to be wrong, so any further details you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Yep, I noticed it doesn't influence the ships' outcome. and I think it's together with an allied fleet when I decide to not join the pursuit.
Thanks for looking into it :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 02, 2019, 05:59:10 PM »

Yep, I noticed it doesn't influence the ships' outcome. and I think it's together with an allied fleet when I decide to not join the pursuit.
Ok, good to know. I'll try to reproduce it that way once I get the chance.

Thanks for looking into it :)
No problem. And thanks again for the info. I'd never be able to find all these little bugs on my own.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 14, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »

My guess that loss of a few ships with Loyalty changes in more than one wipes other involved in recovery, but again - that's merely a guess.
Fought station, lost 3 (three) - on recovery only one got proper Loyalty change, other wiped to Indifferent. Traits were not affected.
Spoiler
[close]
/second is a full pic just for "non-edit" clearance/
Spoiler
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 14, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »

Hey, thanks for telling me about this! Let me make sure I understand what happened:
  • Before the battle, the Jiayu crew was fiercely loyal to Uranus Two and the Yanhui crew was fiecely loyal to May Santana.
  • The battle report said the loyalty in both cases dropped to loyal.
  • The Jiayu crew was not loyal to Uranus Two as reported, but was actually indifferent.
Correct? If so this is a bug.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 14, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »

Yeah.
All crews were Fiercely Loyal, after combat only one reported change happened properly(Tempest Yanhui), and one reported to become Loyal changed instead to Indifferent (Hammerhead Jiayi), and one w/o report of any kind of Loyalty change become Indifferent (Tempest Zhenshang).
Maybe it should be mentioned that I have increased amount of officers, for increased amount of ships in fleet(s), which in turn for increased battlesize. 20 max IIRC, but only 18 commands ships.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:16:24 AM by Kulverstukass »
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 14, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »

Ah, ok. Thanks for the details. Let me see if I can figure out what went wrong. Did you change any starship legends options?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81