Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768473 times)

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.10 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #435 on: November 08, 2019, 07:24:48 AM »

i've got a bug that tells me to notify you of it, no clue what this means tbh

if it helps you with the problem, i had this boi hunt some frigates via my second in command after i destroyed a pirate armada

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:26:49 AM by SarenSoran »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »

Thanks for reporting this! Sorry for the trouble. Is there any chance I could get your save file along with your enabled_mods.json file? Someone else reported something similar and said the ID value was changing every time they re-opened the refit screen. Is that the case for you as well?

validfrom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »

I've encountered the same problem and I've also noticed changing ID values when going into the refit screen. https://imgur.com/a/MxgwzNs I'm willing to share the campaign files but there's a size restriction to forum attachments. How would you prefer to receive the saves?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »

Thanks validfrom! SarenSoran actually did get their files to me by transferring them via discord (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.msg195852#msg195852). If I can load up one save file affected by this issue then I should be able to pinpoint the cause, but if you want to send me your save and mod_info file as well it might come in handy (especially your mod_info file, as I suspect this might be a mod conflict). My discord handle is Sundog#3161

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.11 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2019, 06:38:11 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.11
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed reputation data being erased the first time a new game was saved, causing all kinds of trouble, including reputation hullmods displaying error messages
Fixed loyalty changes occurring for ships with no traits (and therefore no reputation hullmods)
Added "PrintStarshipLegendsData" console command, which prints starship legends data

This patch will prevent the broken reputation hullmods that some people have gotten. Unfortunately it won't restore lost traits, but affected ships will be able to earn new reputations properly. Pinpointing the cause of this issue was a very time consuming process, but it would've been nearly impossible without the bug reports and info I received thanks to psiklaw, validfrom, Avanitia, PNG1, SarenSoran, and Lesolan! Thanks all!

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2019, 06:38:50 AM »

So this is an odd one. I have a tonne of mods, and ruthless sector. And I have fiddled with your files a bit admittedly. However it seems that I can't reset reputations for ships that have loyalty towards an officer/captain. No matter how long I mothball them. It also seemed that it took more than (I set it to 15 from 10) 15 days for it to reset on a ship that had no loyalty. Even after resinstalling SSL and RS ships with loyalty dont seem to decrease.

It could be mod interference, it could be a result of my fiddling. I don't know for sure. But I just want to make sure that this is not an issue with the mod itself. And is there a way to reset it for ships from the save file or some such?

Edit: I also recall I initially mothballed them with their respective officers onboard.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:41:28 AM by I_is_nublet »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 13, 2019, 06:08:18 PM »

Hey, thanks for the report. Starship legends logs events related to clearing traits. Could you tell me if you're seeing messages in starsector.log about the time remaining before ship's reputations are removed? They should happen every three days or so.

It also seemed that it took more than (I set it to 15 from 10) 15 days for it to reset on a ship that had no loyalty.
How many traits did that ship have? It takes X days per trait to remove a ship's reputation, so the only time it would take about 15 days in this case is if the ship only had one trait.

And is there a way to reset it for ships from the save file or some such?
Yeah, you can use "clearRep" with Console Commands to remove a ship's reputation instantly. Enter "help clearRep" for instructions on specifying which ship or ships to select.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2019, 06:14:07 PM »

Just to get some clarification on clearing rep -

1. When mothballing a ship to clear rep, I assume you have to keep the ship in your fleet mothballed for this to work? It looks like when you store a mothballed ship it is no longer technically mothballed as far as the game is concerned.

2. For the X days per trait, are they removed all at once at the end of the total number of days, or are they removed one at a time as each X number of days pass?

3. Pretty sure I know the answer already, but does it store mothball progress, or is it reset if the ship is briefly un-moth'd and then re-mothballed?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2019, 07:00:00 PM »

1. When mothballing a ship to clear rep, I assume you have to keep the ship in your fleet mothballed for this to work? It looks like when you store a mothballed ship it is no longer technically mothballed as far as the game is concerned.
It should still work in storage, even if you mouse over the question mark and the CR meter fills up. Starship legends checks a list of all ships with reputations to see if they're mothballed, not just the ships in your fleet.

2. For the X days per trait, are they removed all at once at the end of the total number of days, or are they removed one at a time as each X number of days pass?
The entire reputation is removed once the required number of days has passed (or up to 3 days after that). This includes officer loyalties and combat rating.

3. Pretty sure I know the answer already, but does it store mothball progress, or is it reset if the ship is briefly un-moth'd and then re-mothballed?
The timer will reset, but it's only checked every three days, so if a ship is only un-mothballed briefly then starship legends might not "notice"

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »

Hey, thanks for the report. Starship legends logs events related to clearing traits. Could you tell me if you're seeing messages in starsector.log about the time remaining before ship's reputations are removed? They should happen every three days or so.

It also seemed that it took more than (I set it to 15 from 10) 15 days for it to reset on a ship that had no loyalty.
How many traits did that ship have? It takes X days per trait to remove a ship's reputation, so the only time it would take about 15 days in this case is if the ship only had one trait.

And is there a way to reset it for ships from the save file or some such?
Yeah, you can use "clearRep" with Console Commands to remove a ship's reputation instantly. Enter "help clearRep" for instructions on specifying which ship or ships to select.

I'll take a look at the log in a bit. But afaik it took only about 30 days (which is the normal amount afaik from SSL, vs SSL RS) for the non-officer ship to lose it's 1 trait. The other ships between 3-4 traits each, and aren't even losing 1 trait after being mothballed for several months at a time (in storage or out).

Worst case I'll just clear rep em.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 13, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »

Ok, thanks for the details. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue using a ship that has loyalties. Feel free to send me your log if you like. I might end up needing it anyway.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 13, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »

@I_is_nublet: I just tested again with a ship that was openly insubordinate to its NPC captain and the reputation cleared in the expected timeframe. Are there any other factors you can think of that might be preventing it from working?

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:11 PM »

I think I was saving and loading regularly.

6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_vesper 1dd22 has 67 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_stormkestrel_proto 16625 has 67 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - wolf 1dd68 has 52 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - crig 2221e has 42 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - xlu_cobalt c2d79 has 67 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6203513 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_stoat 51e68 has 52 days left before its reputation is cleared.

Goes to about.

6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_vesper 1dd22 has 43 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_stormkestrel_proto 16625 has 43 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - wolf 1dd68 has 28 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - crig 2221e has 18 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - xlu_cobalt c2d79 has 43 days left before its reputation is cleared.
6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - istl_stoat 51e68 has 28 days left before its reputation is cleared.

Then resets.

I would also point out that these are modded ships (not vanilla). So there is that to consider (and AFAIK they are not mods listed as part of your integration).

I need to make it a zip file. Sec.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dc6s8nfk5lsae4/starsector.log.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5vxu9xrb3exoe6/starsector.zip?dl=0

As always, keep up the good work and we all appreciate what you do :)

And for clarification, the traits don't seem to be removed after mothballing for X amount of time. I am not sure about loyalty itself, I will look at it tomorrow at some point (12 hours or so) to make sure about that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:14:17 PM by I_is_nublet »

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »

Alrighty, I looked ingame at their loyalty ratings, and tried mothballing them for around 90 days (in my fleet, not in storage) without saving or loading. (Ah, it seems I saved right before I started. Arg).

Their loyalty ratings have dropped from 20-30% increase to CR to 0. So that is dropping at least.

Now I'll try to see if the ratings drop when I have an officer in them while they are mothballed. And if that doesnt work, put them in storage and try.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:30:16 AM by I_is_nublet »

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:39 AM »

Ok, so 1 ship had loyalty (CR based) still, as the ship that officer was currently commissioned to had negative loyalty.

I put that one with the officer in it and mothballed it for > 90 days. No change.

I put the others into storage, after I mothballed them for half a day, for > 90 days. No change.

I put the one with loyalty into storage for > 90 days as well. No change.

I did however try the clearrep on 1 ship, and that did work  ;D

So, im guessing it's some kind of mod conflict if you can't recreate it (only thing I can think of is to have 1 officer have greater than 10% loyalty still in the mothballed ship, and then not have him change to another ship).

But I'll be ok now that I know how to clearrep. Not an ideal solution, but it IS a solution. :)

Thank you for your time and consideration, I appreciate it :)

Edit: these are raw files, unzipped (so much bigger). However I did not realize I overwrote the starsector.zip file before hand until I did so. So there is that. But just in case you want to go through them as well to see what is going on (if anything stands out).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxg8h6a6balljgl/starsector.log.1?dl=0

and

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux3apf6icxlotxd/starsector.log?dl=0

Edit 2: i did all the testing without loading/saving this time round just FYI.

Edit 3: One thing I just realized it's listing 6 ships as mothballed in the log. I only have 5 in my fleet that im mothballing. Hm.

6960695 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.CampaignScript  - crig 2221e has 18 days left before its reputation is cleared.

Is the only one I don't know what it is. The rest seem correct after checking with console to see where they are sold.

AHA! It's a salvage rig. I probably sold that while it was still mothballed. That is probably what is causing this whole thing to loop over and over!

Something so minor, I completely forgot I did it. I genuinely dont remember selling it, but if it's listed there as mothballed I probably sold it. I had no officer commissioned to it. Just straight up civie ship.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:56:08 AM by I_is_nublet »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81