Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768210 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.8 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2019, 08:58:18 PM »

First wanna say that I love the idea behind this mod and thanks for making it :D
You're welcome! It's been a fun project so far  :)

I wanted to ask if it is possible to add an option where: "if no hull damage where taken" and "new rating is lower than previous rating" then previous rating is unchanged?
It's certainly possible. I would like to do something like that to address the types of situations you mentioned. That kind of thing isn't something that bothers me personally, but discouraging the use of more force than necessary isn't one of the goals of this mod. Preventing rating reductions for ships that don't lose any hull during the battle isn't a bad idea. It's too binary for my liking and it would add more complexity to the rating system (which is already too complex), but it would solve the problem. I'll have to mull it over. Something I've been considering for months now is disabling the rating system and all negative traits so that players would only get bonuses, but so would NPC fleets.

Suggest either making things that effect fleet performance rarer, or changing the odds of good bad traits to something other than 50-50
I try to keep this mod from affecting vanilla difficulty too much (at least with default settings), hence the 50-50 chance of good/bad traits for civilian ships. Even then, it still makes the game slightly easier because you can choose to keep the ships with the best reputations.

Congrats on overcoming the many troubles you encountered so far. The mechanics and the design of this mod are captivating. Even if I had more fun occasionally helping you with it, than playing with it. Nice work.
Well, thanks! It's definitely been interesting so far. If I had to start over I certainly wouldn't base traits on any measure of combat performance. I knew I was opening a can of worms, but damn...

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »

Because a group of ships like the Valkyrie can use fighters to kill frigates (ie: score hull damage) and they don't have a "conventional" rating, it seems rather easy for them to get good traits due to the rule about not getting bad traits if your rating rose. (and they show up in the report with a rating like "- (+5%)"

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2019, 01:06:12 PM »

Hi Sundog, first off thank you for the excellent mod!

At the moment I feel like the "Listen to the Storyteller" events are a little too common. I'm not sure if they count towards the total for minGenericMissions and maxGenericMissions found in settings.json, but despite having raised those values from their defaults slightly I rarely see e.g. delivery missions anymore, while basically every planet has the rumors bar event. Is this unusual?

Additionally, I encountered a minor bug wherein I took the location of a rumored ship and had my credits deducted into a negative balance. I don't think that the event told me it would cost me in this case, and in any case credits in vanilla are always non-negative, so this seems non-standard. I tried to reproduce it but didn't have any luck there.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »

Nublet here again

I can't seem to find the error specific to your mod anymore (or was high off of oxygen and thought it was your mod).

Mostly seems to be pointing to Varya's mod having some issues, a couple in Tahlans, and one ship not being created in the ship data csv file (Dara_paragus No idea which mod that'd be from, but I'll figure it out and post to them later).

But either way, glad that you caught the mem drain in your mod (which I knew something was draining ram after I installed a few mods, but yours was by far the most information/saving intensive mod of the ones I installed at that point, so the GC was prob having issues with a few loops or something) again.

Keep up the solid work :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2019, 05:01:27 PM »

Because a group of ships like the Valkyrie can use fighters to kill frigates (ie: score hull damage) and they don't have a "conventional" rating, it seems rather easy for them to get good traits due to the rule about not getting bad traits if your rating rose. (and they show up in the report with a rating like "- (+5%)"
True! That's two bugs right there. I never send civilian ships into battle, so I never noticed. Not sure exactly how I'll address this, but I'll put it on my list. Thanks for pointing it out!

Hi Sundog, first off thank you for the excellent mod!
;D

At the moment I feel like the "Listen to the Storyteller" events are a little too common. I'm not sure if they count towards the total for minGenericMissions and maxGenericMissions found in settings.json, but despite having raised those values from their defaults slightly I rarely see e.g. delivery missions anymore, while basically every planet has the rumors bar event. Is this unusual?
A high occurrence of storytellers isn't unusual or unintended, but it is a problem if they're noticeably reducing the frequency of other bar events. I'll have to look into exactly how bar events are spawned to check on this. The reason for how common storyteller events are is that I expect most of them (especially flagship intel) to be dismissed, since they're only useful if they offer a ship and traits that the player is interested in. For now, if you like, you can reduce the occurrence of these events by reducing famousFlagshipBarEventChance and famousDerelictBarEventChance in the options file.

Additionally, I encountered a minor bug wherein I took the location of a rumored ship and had my credits deducted into a negative balance. I don't think that the event told me it would cost me in this case, and in any case credits in vanilla are always non-negative, so this seems non-standard. I tried to reproduce it but didn't have any luck there.
Hmm... sorry about that! It's not supposed to let you accept the mission if you don't have enough money. After looking through the code I think I see a way this might happen sometimes, so if I'm right I should be able to reproduce it myself.

I can't seem to find the error specific to your mod anymore (or was high off of oxygen and thought it was your mod).

Mostly seems to be pointing to Varya's mod having some issues, a couple in Tahlans, and one ship not being created in the ship data csv file (Dara_paragus No idea which mod that'd be from, but I'll figure it out and post to them later).

Well, thanks for looking! If you still have the relevant log you might try searching starship_legends, which should appear in all this mod's log entries. Dara is the prefix for Disassemble Reassemble.

Keep up the solid work :)
If you insist  :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:06:37 PM by Sundog »

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »

Something I've been considering for months now is disabling the rating system and all negative traits so that players would only get bonuses, but so would NPC fleets.

I hope that doesn't happen. The negatives as well as the positives are what makes the mod interesting. Otherwise it's just a buff mod and that's boring.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »

The negatives as well as the positives are what makes the mod interesting. Otherwise it's just a buff mod and that's boring.
Yeah, I agree. That's why I haven't done it yet. I'm pretty happy with the rating system anyway, but it will never be perfect.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 28, 2019, 03:15:18 AM »

5989770 [Thread-4] ERROR starship_legends.ModPlugin  - null
    starship_legends.events.FamousShipBarEvent.regen(FamousShipBarEvent.java:329)
    starship_legends.events.FamousShipBarEvent.addPromptAndOption(FamousShipBarEvent.java:407)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.showOptions(BarCMD.java:113)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.execute(BarCMD.java:85)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:98)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Got one. Pretty much just went to a bar, error. Didn't crash, just error.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 28, 2019, 09:23:16 AM »

Thanks for the report! Looks like a storyteller event tried to choose a market (to spawn a fleet from) that wasn't properly attached to a star system (in spite of being inside one). Should be fixed in the dev build. I'll be releasing it soon, after a little more testing.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.9 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #414 on: October 28, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.9
Compatible with previous versions

Changed: By default, combat rating reductions will now be multiplied by the percentage of lost hull integrity
   This means no reductions will occur for ships that take no damage
   To balance this change, baseRating has been reduced from 75% to 65% (default) and 40% to 30% (with ruthless sector)
   Added "multiplyRatingLossesByPercentageOfLostHull" setting to allow this change to be disabled
Fixed famous derelicts always having names based on the independent faction
Fixed civilian ships getting rating adjustments when deployed in combat
Fixed a rare bug that sometimes caused money do be deducted when accepting storyteller events that shouldn't cost money to accept
Fixed AI flavor text being used for mothballed ships that would otherwise require crew
Fixed a rare error that would close the dialog screen when "visiting a dockside bar"
Fixed sometimes using up far more memory (RAM) than necessary (fixed previously in 1.3.5, but that fix was reverted due to complications)
Changed: Reduced default frequency of storytellers in bars by 50%

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2019, 02:06:56 PM »

cheers for 50% storyteller reduction. was feeling a bit spammy

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »

Awesome! I like that log! Glad to help ^^

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »

Thanks for your job! There is really great pleasure to play such an excelent mod. :)

But I had also found a question. Some guys just told me that they feel awful when they had to spend many time and energy for a series of buff ( they could not bearing a useless one or even debuff, It's hard to understand for me but everyone have a mind of his own ).

As for me, the hullmod of Star Legend are just like a medal, the memory of my battle. It looks well but, lack of sense of participation, i mean it is uncontrolled completely.

Maybe, this is just my opinion, the  traits we can earn after battle can offer 2-3 choose(it may looks like level-up of officers) will be better, a Limited List is better than random in my thought.

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 28, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »

I'm not getting any "storyteller" encounters at all after 1.3.9.  Tried to find one on a new save, but either I was unlucky or it really isn't working.

I tried rolling back to 1.3.8, and that works just as advertised.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 28, 2019, 11:04:12 PM »

cheers for 50% storyteller reduction. was feeling a bit spammy
Agreed. We'll see if 50% was enough.

Awesome! I like that log! Glad to help ^^
;D

Thanks for your job! There is really great pleasure to play such an excelent mod. :)
Glad you like it!  :)

Some guys just told me that they feel awful when they had to spend many time and energy for a series of buff ( they could not bearing a useless one or even debuff, It's hard to understand for me but everyone have a mind of his own ).
You might want to suggest to them setting "ignoreAllMaluses" to true in the options file. It sounds like they might prefer it that way.

As for me, the hullmod of Star Legend are just like a medal, the memory of my battle. It looks well but, lack of sense of participation, i mean it is uncontrolled completely.

Maybe, this is just my opinion, the  traits we can earn after battle can offer 2-3 choose(it may looks like level-up of officers) will be better, a Limited List is better than random in my thought.
The randomness of traits in this mod is very deliberate/intentional. Having more control over bonuses definitely has some advantages, but I don't think it's a good fit for this particular mod. On the bright side, the next version of Starsector will allow us to add permanent hullmods without costing any OP, which will have a similar effect.

I'm not getting any "storyteller" encounters at all after 1.3.9.  Tried to find one on a new save, but either I was unlucky or it really isn't working.

I tried rolling back to 1.3.8, and that works just as advertised.
I'm still seeing plenty of new storytellers with 1.3.9 (in both old and new saves). Not sure what could be causing them not to show up. Have you edited the options file at all?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81