Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 769008 times)

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.2.1 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2019, 07:48:08 PM »

First things first, I think you're doing amazing work bringing this mod to the community. Its really a robust and unique system for us to become more attached to our officers & crews. Thank you for your work.

That being said, I would like to ask if there are these settings I can turn off or alter.
1). What setting do I change to disable ALL REPUTATION CHANGES(+ or -) to ships who weren't deployed in combat?
2). How do I increase the ratio of good to bad traits? Should I change the multiplier of damagetaken to .5 and damagegiven to 1.5? Even with level 20 officers and d-modless ships I can't seem to get mostly good traits(Combat rating is really hard to get with big fleet battles).
3). Is there a way to increase the speed of losing reputation? Mothballing 30 days for each reputation is a bit long.

Please let me know. Thanks again!

I'm trying to figure out #2 myself (beyond just turning off bad traits), but for #3 I got you covered! In the STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS look for this:
"daysMothballedPerTraitToResetReputation":30, # A ship must remain mothballed (in or out of storage) for a consecutive number of days to lose it's reputation

;)

Ah thank you very much. I have changed it to 14 days instead.

Update: I have also changed traitChanceMultForReservedCivilianShips to 0. I hope this means reserved ships of all kinds will no longer get any reputation changes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:54:52 PM by Jester »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2019, 09:22:50 PM »

First things first, I think you're doing amazing work bringing this mod to the community. Its really a robust and unique system for us to become more attached to our officers & crews. Thank you for your work.
;D

2). How do I increase the ratio of good to bad traits? Should I change the multiplier of damagetaken to .5 and damagegiven to 1.5?
I'm trying to figure out #2 myself (beyond just turning off bad traits)
Yeah, you're on the right track.
Higher damageDealtMult will increase rating more when your ships deal hull damage
Higher damageTakenMult will reduce rating more when they take damage
Higher baseRating will increase ratings no matter what
There's a detailed description of how the rating system works in the FAQs section on the first page of this thread.

Even with level 20 officers and d-modless ships I can't seem to get mostly good traits(Combat rating is really hard to get with big fleet battles).
Yeah, it's pretty brutal at the moment. I'll be making it a little easier soon.

I have also changed traitChanceMultForReservedCivilianShips to 0. I hope this means reserved ships of all kinds will no longer get any reputation changes.
Yup! By default civilian ships are the only ones that can get traits without being deployed.

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2019, 08:04:02 AM »

Ok I doubled the damageDealtMult and halved the damageTakenMult to they're both .25 now. Will report back how they feel after I test a new campaign.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »

Some of my ships are getting new traits despite them not being in any fight whatsoever. Interestingly, that's true only for my Prometheus and Atlas ships (basically giant fuel/supply ships). If it's intended, then so be it, just wanted to clarify it.
Overall mod is fantastic, and i'm grateful for your work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »

Some of my ships are getting new traits despite them not being in any fight whatsoever. Interestingly, that's true only for my Prometheus and Atlas ships (basically giant fuel/supply ships). If it's intended, then so be it, just wanted to clarify it.
It's intended and can also be disabled (traitChanceMultForReservedCivilianShips). By default, only civilian ships will get traits if they're not deployed.

Overall mod is fantastic, and i'm grateful for your work.
Thanks!  ;D

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.2.2 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »

Starship Legends 1.2.2

This update makes the rating system more fair and fixes a few issues.

Added a new contributing factor to rating calculation that is meant to benifit support ships
   Ratings are now increased based on hull damage dealt by all allied ships during any engagement in which the ship was deployed
   "supportMult" setting added to the options file
Added a console command for uninstalling Starship Legends (uninstallStarshipLegends). See FAQs for how to use it properly
Added more flavor text for AI reputation hullmods (thanks to Avanitia for all the help with this!)
Fixed a mostly harmless error that could occur during battle when a trait triggered a malfunction for disabled ships
Fixed trait effects not propegating to the sub-sections of multi-section ships
Fixed: Reputation hullmods are now removed from autofit goal variants prior to game saves
Changed: Ships will no longer recieve any type of negative reputation adjustment after a battle in which their rating improved, and vice versa
Changed: Dealing hull damage to civilian ships now improves rating, making rating improvement via pursuit more viable

Edit: also, the default value for useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty has been changed from true to false
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:40:54 AM by Sundog »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »

i noticed one of the changes in this update is
"useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty":true
to
"useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty":false

how much this changes the battle difficulty when Ruthless Sector is active alongside ?

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »

Changed: Ships will no longer recieve any type of negative reputation adjustment after a battle in which their rating improved, and vice versa

Love this mod, but I feel like this change is going to result in getting 50/50 good/bad mods once you get to the point where you're struggling to get the rep adjustment to go any higher. (Unless you get it to 100%)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »

i noticed one of the changes in this update is
"useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty":true
to
"useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty":false
Oh, I forgot to add that to the patch notes. Good catch!

how much this changes the battle difficulty when Ruthless Sector is active alongside ?
That mostly depends on your character level, the officers involved on both sides, and your ruthless sector configuration. The biggest difference when useRuthlessSectorToCalculateBattleDifficulty is true, is that your ships will earn less rating from damage when they have high level captains (which is one of the reasons I turned it off). It also means enemy ships with high level captains wont award as much rating when you damage them. The biggest problem was that it was effectively doubling the strength calculation adjustments, because it was causing them to be factored into both battle difficulty and damage dealt.

Love this mod, but I feel like this change is going to result in getting 50/50 good/bad mods once you get to the point where you're struggling to get the rep adjustment to go any higher. (Unless you get it to 100%)
It shouldn't. In fact, the biggest practical difference should be when rating is steadily changing, because only adjustments that match the rating changes will be allowed. When a ship's rating becomes stable, it should work out the same way as before. Traits are still chosen and adjusted the same way. This rule will just veto reputation changes that don't make much sense based on the rating change from battles.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2019, 05:42:17 PM »

is it possible to add more / custom reputation tiers ? (would be nice if doable via .ini)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2019, 06:27:14 PM »

Unfortunately there's no practical way to do that. However, you can increase the number of traits you get for each tier by editing the ini file (traitsPerTier).

yorik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »

First, I would like to thank you for your great mod. But, I have a little „problem“ - it gave a bad trait to a ship kept in reserves. Is that intended behavior? It seems a little bit odd to me. There is nothing the crew could do bad - they were just watching the battle from a distance. :-D

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2019, 12:19:08 AM »

Yup. That's intended. By default civilian ships have a 50% chance for new traits to be negative. It's pure RNG. If you want civilian ships to only earn good traits you can change bonusChanceForCivilianShips to 1 in the options file.

yorik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2019, 04:29:01 AM »

Ok, thank you for the answer. The problem was not a bad trait for a civilian ship but a bad trait (or any trait) for a ship that didn’t participate in a battle.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:08:29 AM by yorik »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2019, 04:49:54 AM »

Added a new contributing factor to rating calculation that is meant to benifit support ships
   Ratings are now increased based on hull damage dealt by all allied ships during any engagement in which the ship was deployed
Nice, hopefully this also fixes the problem where a high-performing ship could cause other ships to bleed rating by stealing all their kills.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81