Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768578 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This is a very cool mod.

I wanted to check out your after battle report code, but unfortunately you haven't included your source code and your repository is out of date.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Really impressed with your take on 'feature' mods. Keep doing what you're doing.

I noticed carriers show up as 0% damage dealt a lot. Are fighters factored into the equation and just not shown?

Edit: Found a small bug. See attached screenshot. My 3 Paragons apparently inflicted no damage even though they were the only participants.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:32:55 PM by Schwartz »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

"A ship's traits can now change positions or even be removed based on how well they perform in combat"

Is there an option to disable / adjust likelihood of this in settings at all?
Nope, but that's a good idea. I'll add it to the next release.

I wanted to check out your after battle report code, but unfortunately you haven't included your source code and your repository is out of date.
Just updated it. Sorry about that! I'll have to add that to my update checklist.

Really impressed with your take on 'feature' mods. Keep doing what you're doing.
Thanks, I plan to! Although my next project is likely to be a much smaller, higher quality version of my old faction mod, rather than another feature mod.

I noticed carriers show up as 0% damage dealt a lot. Are fighters factored into the equation and just not shown?
At one point I had fighter damage being attributed to their carriers, but I guess I must've broken it. I saw my condor's bombers hit hull in my last battle, but the report is showing 0% damage dealt. It ended up with a negative trait too, dammit...

Edit: Found a small bug. See attached screenshot. My 3 Paragons apparently inflicted no damage even though they were the only participants.
Well that's no good. Thanks for the report.
Was this using starship legends 1.1.2?
Was it a scripted battle, like the red planet encounter or tech cache?
Was there anything else that might've been unusual about that battle?

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, using version 1.1.2.

It was a regular battle against a high-level Remnant fleet. It's happened once or twice since against other fleets too. Once against a fleeing pirate fleet that I pursued.

I also noticed after combat that my two Afflictors showed 2% and -2% sustained, respectively.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

New Known Issues:
  • Using the "Claim Victory" button too soon at the end of battle will prevent damage dealt from being recorded
  • Damage dealt by fighter wings is not properly credited to their carrier
I'm hoping to get these both fixed soon. Hopefully tomorrow!

I also noticed after combat that my two Afflictors showed 2% and -2% sustained, respectively.
Hmm. Were they deployed? Sustained damage is checked by comparing hull level before and after a battle, so it might be possible for a ship to have "negative damage" if it's being repaired.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think they were, but I'll wait and see if it happens again.

Edit: Can confirm that in a battle vs. a pirate station, even though I let the game end combat instead of going by the menu, none of my ships were awarded any damage inflicted.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:42:09 AM by Schwartz »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

Can confirm the bug with damage dealt - making my way through the tutorial and so far none of the fights have any damage reported as being done.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Edit: Can confirm that in a battle vs. a pirate station, even though I let the game end combat instead of going by the menu, none of my ships were awarded any damage inflicted.
Ok. I'm going to have rework how the script decides when to figure out how much damage was dealt anyway, so hopefully that fix will address that issue as well (fingers crossed it won't cause any new issues).

Can confirm the bug with damage dealt - making my way through the tutorial and so far none of the fights have any damage reported as being done.
Wait, so are you getting damage reports in the tutorial at all? In my testing they didn't show up. I assumed all intel notifications were suppressed during the tutorial.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Starship Legends 1.1.3 (BETA)

Fixed occasional failure to record damage dealt after battle
Fixed failure to credit carriers with the damage dealt by their fighters
Fixed an error that would sometimes occur when a ship's reputation was cleared
Added setting - traitPositionChangeChanceMultiplier
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:49:15 PM by Sundog »

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile

Thanks so much for catering to us powergamers Sun!!!  ;D

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.1.3 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2019, 05:24:46 AM »

Everything is working well so far.

I was wondering.. since ships can lose a positive trait as result of bad performance instead of gaining a negative trait, could ships lose a negative trait for good performance? I have some phase ships that I've been grooming with massive damage output but they never seem to be able to lose the one negative trait each of them have.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2019, 07:53:13 AM »

Thanks so much for catering to us powergamers Sun!!!  ;D
:D

Everything is working well so far.
That's a relief! Fixing the problem with damage dealt by fighters took far longer than I would've liked...

I was wondering.. since ships can lose a positive trait as result of bad performance instead of gaining a negative trait, could ships lose a negative trait for good performance?
Yes they can. I just added an entry to the FAQs about how trait prominence changes work.
Spoiler
How do I improve loyalty?
Loyalty is based on the bonus chance calculation.
If it is above 0.5, loyalty might increase, otherwise, it might decrease.
The further the bonus chance is from 0.5, the higher the likelihood that it will change.

When do traits change in prominence?
The chance of trait position changes is calculated the same way as loyalty (see above).
A ship needs at least 3 traits for prominence changes to be possible.
[close]

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2019, 07:57:30 AM »

The coolness of this mod has overmastered my capability to overstate.  Adding to game start.

I do tend to keep individual ships a long time in my fleets...even with d-mods.  I cannot wait to see what this does to my choice of keeping ships.

Dreaming:  Now, if the "combat chatter" mod would somehow synergize with this mod:  such that a given ship chatter would match up with what that ship's crew/captain likely would likely say...

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2019, 08:20:02 AM »

It'll be a buff if you win your engagements, but destroyed and repaired ships get bad traits far easier than you can get rid of them.
My custom settings which probably make things a little easier:

Code
"bonusChanceRandomness":0,
"traitChanceMultiplierForReservedCivilianShips":0.0,

Yes they can. I just added an entry to the FAQs about how trait prominence changes work.

Sweet. I'll have to work a little harder then.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.1.4 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2019, 08:55:54 AM »

Starship Legends 1.1.4 (BETA)

Fixes a (harmless) error caused by harrying a fleet without engaging (and possibly other, similar, situations)

@eidolad: Thanks! Hope you like it. That would be a pretty cool integration with Combat Chatter.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:49:33 PM by Sundog »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 81