Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Colony Fleet composition, Avoid this blueprint option  (Read 2557 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Colony Fleet composition, Avoid this blueprint option
« on: April 22, 2019, 07:03:07 AM »

Sometime the fleet composition includes ships you don't want no matter how priority is set, it would be nice to have an option to tell the fleet design to always not include a particular ship blueprint from the colony fleets.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Fleet composition, Avoid this blueprint option
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 07:26:54 AM »

It kinda feels like a third of the total amount of users here already suggested this... Anyways it probably won't get implemented since those fleets aren't under your direct control, so it's not super imrpotant. And the weird workaround where you prioritize everything except the thing you don't want (which I think is incredibly silly) sorta works. Unless Alex somehow changed his opinion on this of course.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »

It has been suggested much in the "General Feedback / Thoughts" topic.  I have even (unwittingly) repeated the suggestion (with different words, a few days ago), in the same topic due to not remembering my previous posts.

Blacklisting has been a popular suggestion lately, and I will be glad to see it implemented.  Especially since Tri-Tachyon blacklists Gremlins from their fleets.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »

I know that Alex has a good reason to be against it (players might unwittingly blacklist the only ship that can fill a certain role in a fleet), but from what I see, many people are uneasy with their fleets being flooded with individually bad or thematically unfitting ships. There's also an issue that affects all of us, that acquiring blueprints for bigger civilian ships slows down "fast" fleets, since they take those slow logistic ships for no reason, frequently without militarized subsystems and/or ADF hullmods. I think that there really should be an option to have negative priority, where a ship will be avoided whenever possible, to solve these issues.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 09:34:58 AM »

I think blacklisting or negative priority has been suggested enough to be added to the pinned "Frequently Made Suggestions" topic.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:32 AM »

not that anyone looks at it.
    Incidentally, have I shared with you guys yet my new 18-paragraph breakdown on how alex could implement multiplayer?
    every game is more fun and easier to make with friends! First Alex should really take a page from fortn-
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:04:58 PM »

I'll have another look at it at some point, but there are some changes in .1 that impact this and I don't think it makes sense to make further adjustments based on the impressions from .9, which are heavily influenced by some... quirks in how it works. For example, stuff like Hounds etc can often end up in player fleets as "combat freighters" but it feels like the prioritization of other combat ships is being disregarded when this happens.