Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Bigger fonts  (Read 3707 times)

tylertoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Bigger fonts
« on: April 19, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

I have old eyes and playing in my laptop's native 1920x1080 the text is difficult to read.  When I switch to a lower resolution with the same aspect ratio, the game shrinks to a small window, even if I have fullscreen checked.  Any solution to larger font size?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger fonts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »

Hmm - what you're doing (fullscreen at a lower resolution) is indeed what I'd suggest.

I think if you right-click on the game and go to Properties, on the Compatibility tab, changing some settings there may resolve the issue with it not actually going full-screen. In particular the stuff under "change high DPI settings" may be relevant. At least, I seem to remember this helping someone with a similar fullscreen issue in the past, but I don't remember exactly what the solution was.

tylertoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »

Hmm - what you're doing (fullscreen at a lower resolution) is indeed what I'd suggest.

I think if you right-click on the game and go to Properties, on the Compatibility tab, changing some settings there may resolve the issue with it not actually going full-screen. In particular the stuff under "change high DPI settings" may be relevant.

That did it!  It's perfect now for my old eyes.

Specifically (if someone else needs this), I went into Compatibility Tab, I selected "Change High DPI settings" button, then checked two boxes: "Program DPI - use this setting to fix scaling problems" and "High DPI Scaling Override."  I don't know if I needed to do both -- but it worked, the font is much larger and it plays in fullscreen.

Thanks!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »

Nice, glad you got it the way you wanted it! Thank you for sharing exactly what did the trick.