Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: No downside to running out of credits?  (Read 4032 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
No downside to running out of credits?
« on: April 16, 2019, 02:41:13 AM »

So, I grabbed several thousand cargo units from a colony stockpile, and was suppose to be billed 750k credits at the end of the month, but I only had 50k credits, so at the end of the month the credit only went to zero, netting me a 700k profit. I noticed that some times I lose crew from salaries not paid, but they only cost about 5-6k credits to replace.

I think the downsides to running out of credits, especially for exploiting colony stockpiles, should be more severe. I propose that one of the possibilities of dealing with this be that all cargo purchases become 25-50% more expensive when player fails to pay.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: No downside to running out of credits?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:13:41 AM »

Do officers and/or administrators leave your party for not getting paid?  If not, then making it so and losing (high level) officers and administrators can be a nasty punishment.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:44:42 AM »

Not being able to pay monthly upkeep for an industry should disrupt it for that month.
(probably with fixed funding priority based on industry type, e.g. farming gets funded first, then defenses, then heavy industry)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:27 AM »

You will automatically repay your debt at a later date. I'm not sure how much money does it take from you monthly, I never got a huge debt that I couldn't repay within a month.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 08:59:44 PM »

You will automatically repay your debt at a later date. I'm not sure how much money does it take from you monthly, I never got a huge debt that I couldn't repay within a month.

this

My favorite part of Europa Universalis is that it doesn't crawl on its belly at the feet of the ideological snowjob that is austerity.'Th
State debt is irrelevant and a colony running out of money doesn't cause everyone to just... stop working or riot lol you print more money, pay people that and de-circulate it later
The incredibly absurd thing about austerity politics is that americans are capable of continuing to buy into it even tho their country is literal living proof that millions of civil servants just not getting paid anymore for an indeterminate length of time will have basically no impact on that nation's function.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »

Do officers and/or administrators leave your party for not getting paid?  If not, then making it so and losing (high level) officers and administrators can be a nasty punishment.

Make them mutiny. And then have to slaughter half of your own fleet to set an example.