Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carriers got mauled  (Read 1480 times)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
Carriers got mauled
« on: June 05, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

I have some light carriers with as armaments only fighters, long range missiles (2000) and PD, and yet they routinely are closing just too near from their target. Why is that? I had yet another one who was promptly destroyed by his targeted battleship because of that.

I would like to tell them them to stay in a spot and from this spot to launch raids against their target, but that's not possible. When they get a target, the fighters attack but the carriers close in also (and get destroyed or damaged)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Carriers got mauled
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:37:51 PM »

What carrier is it? If it's one from a mod, it could be tagged as a combat ship when it shouldn't be, for example. But as with all AI things, it's almost impossible to say anything definitive without seeing it in action, or at least having more information.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:41:04 PM »

Is there a way to tell whether a carrier is tagged as combat in the game? I don't recall seeing that in any menu. But maybe I missed it.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:55:54 PM »

You can tell by looking at the hull_data.csv file and looking at the ship in question.

it should have a CARRIER tag and in your case probably COMBAT tag

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 01:19:16 AM »

That's an Idaho class light carrier from the Steelclad mod. In column AO, 'Hints it has the tag 'CARRIER' ? Are we good on that, is something missing?

Bonus question, my Excel don't parse correctly a CSV until the separator is ; ... That's a pain, I need each time to have notepad++ convert comma to semi colons to view the file properly. Someone knows how I can make it accepts comma as separators?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 02:26:35 AM »

That's an Idaho class light carrier from the Steelclad mod. In column AO, 'Hints it has the tag 'CARRIER' ? Are we good on that, is something missing?

Bonus question, my Excel don't parse correctly a CSV until the separator is ; ... That's a pain, I need each time to have notepad++ convert comma to semi colons to view the file properly. Someone knows how I can make it accepts comma as separators?

You can open a csv. in Notepad or Notepad++

Or better yet, use Rons Csv editor. It's free and makes all very readable an clear.

If you only have missiles and PD, it should stay back. Do you have a reckless officer assigned to it? They WILL close in to use all weapons (even PD)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »

No he is steady. Just don't make sense. Btw the missile range is 3000 not 2000. The fighters have a range of 4000 or 8000. The rest is Vulcan cannon and one LR PD Laser. Why would he closes toward the enemy CA or BB?

I have two actually, the second without a leader is also closing.