Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Storages. Are there any linked/connected storages mod/command?  (Read 3112 times)

Sfaus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Revisited the game after 7 years, lots of new content. Storage system is a bit unhandy to me tho.

I like how it was done in Sunless Skies (SS too, yeah) with their bank system and linked storages there. I want something similar for weapons and ships in Starsector to conveniently refit ships in my fleet, but I guess not for commodities to not brake the economy.

Anybody knows how to achieve it in current build? Edit some text in files? Maybe there's a mod for that?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:53:59 PM by Sfaus »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Storages. Are there any linked/connected storages mod/command?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »

Revisited the game after 7 years, lots of new content. Storage system is a bit unhandy to me tho.

I like how it was done in Sunless Skies (SS too, yeah) with their bank system and linked storages there. I want something similar for weapons and ships in Starsector to conveniently refit ships in my fleet, but I guess not for commodities to not brake the economy.

Anybody knows how to achieve it in current build? Edit some text in files? Maybe there's a mod for that?
The console command mod has a storage command that you can open anywhere.
The Foundation of Borken has build-able but capacity limited transfer systems but I've never really used it
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Sfaus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:20:02 AM »

The console command mod has a storage command that you can open anywhere.
The Foundation of Borken has build-able but capacity limited transfer systems but I've never really used it
Thank you!

dkuang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

Funny how I have the Foundation of Borken installed as well thinking I'd use their linked storage system, but I've never used it all myself honestly because I quite prefer flying myself back to my main colony to pick up my stored ships and refit/overhaul my ships. Call me a glutton for punishment or that it just gives me a sense of "realism"  :P but I much prefer doing it that way.

Sfaus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »

Funny how I have the Foundation of Borken installed as well thinking I'd use their linked storage system, but I've never used it all myself honestly because I quite prefer flying myself back to my main colony to pick up my stored ships and refit/overhaul my ships. Call me a glutton for punishment or that it just gives me a sense of "realism"  :P but I much prefer doing it that way.
I prefer vanilla rn.

Going back for every refit is a bit too much for me. One can even justify linking storages for weapons with some expensive teleporting for goods with set parameters. I get it for commodities, supplies and all that, but right now I feel like it's just disrespecting player's time.