Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suggestion: Governors and Colonies  (Read 927 times)

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Governors and Colonies
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:57:16 AM »

Hi everyone, I am exicted for the new game mechanics colonies and building empire and 4x lite stuff. However, I find it very time consuming to get down to that nitty gritty as I usually play very casual. That seems to be a lot I'd have to learn and do to be good at.

Might I suggest being able to install a governor who based on some minor inputs from you carries the colony where you want it? He manages the day to day stuff.

Second: Now that you have your own faction, it might be easier to allow you to have better control over allied fleets, instead of just only being able to ping them with a short range pinger. You need to be able to organize better. The AI can just send whoever wherever, but you need more control to be able to direct your forces where and when you want them.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Governors and Colonies
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »

You don't need to build many colonies. 3 in one (wisely chosen!) system do already grant you everything you can get. And you don't need to govern each one after you built the structures and allowed them to use stockpiles. Actually these run themselves after they grew beyond 5 or 6 and actually there is not really something to govern by players side. You only have to react on heavy colony threads (see intel), which lower your income too much. Pirates with 10 % accessibility impact can be ignored.