Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bouys should be more heavily defended  (Read 1284 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Bouys should be more heavily defended
« on: March 17, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »

It would only make sense if vital infrastructure like these would be defended right? It's like they are the early warning radar installations, communication hubs, and sea/air ports of the real world.

So that a single frigate raider won't just be able to take them over or take them apart.
Hack should still be possible with defenses still up, since presumably it is done from a distance.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:28:47 PM by goduranus »

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bouys should have automated defenses
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »

It would only make sense if vital infrastructure like these would be defended right? So that a single frigate raider won't just be able to take them over or take them apart.
Hack should still be possible with defenses still up, since presumably it is done from a distance.

I don't know about automated defenses (so if you play 'tag' with an enemy fleet, trading the buoy back and forth, where are the drones coming from?)

But I definitely think that some sort of time-spent thing would be just right.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »

I think a fleet would have to deploy them, consuming some supplies and metals etc.
Maybe not drones cuz of the AI war, but maybe those defense frigates that surround star fortresses and such.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 08:46:55 PM »

A minefield is traditional for stuff you don't want people messing with, but don't need to directly interact with yourself all that often.

Especially if the mines can be convinced to tell friend from foe. 

If there's no allies around, it could just incur CR penalties on the capturing fleet.  If there is, well, we have battle mechanics for mines now.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »

These infrastructures are pretty important, I think the in game factions should interact with them more, rather than let them be and only visit them once in a while.
According to the game's lore, the Hypercom sat is the economic lifeline of the whole star system, while the Sensor sat is the system wide early warning system, and the Nav sat is the system's transportation infrastructure.

I imagine them to be something like these, and would have whole military bases built around them