Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Discovery Log Improvements  (Read 895 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Discovery Log Improvements
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »

Fleet log entries don't go away after you've discovered whatever they were about, making it hard to figure out which ones haven't been acted upon yet.

Yep, for the moment it's "how it works" but, yeah, less than ideal.
1: Auto-mark discoveries as 'important'.

2: Once the player has de-toggled that, let them fade out in a month or two.

3: Add an extra button to each such event that lets the player set, for example, "Never mark debris field discoveries as important" or "Never mark habitable planet discoveries as important."
    • (Edit: Extra button like how expeditions have an extra button to let you avert them.  This one's optional - it's points one and two above that are important for just being able to clear up the clutter - but would be a nice addition.)

4: Add discovery events from missions.  If I see a mission like, "The Hegemony wants you to investigate a research station in system Foo", then - even if I don't take the mission for the Hegemony - I should get a map marker to help me remember that there's a research station in system Foo.
      • (Edit: This one would work best in combination with 3, above; I don't need discovery events for "There is a barren planet in system Foo that someone wanted me to survey once upon a time", but I would want the game to remember places I know have, say, terran or terran-eccentric planets.)

5: Remove the arrows from discoveries.  I don't care where I was when I got a discovery; that's not relevant information.
      « Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:28:33 AM by Wyvern »
      Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Serenitis

• Admiral
        • View Profile
      Re: Discovery Log Improvements
      « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 03:47:06 AM »

All of this would be nice.

Would also like to see the ability to create your own discovery notes.
      For instance if you find a research base but don't have the ability to deal with it right now, being able to leave a tag/note/marker on that location would make finding it again far easier.