Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tactical combat new capturable bouy - reinforcement spawn point  (Read 798 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So, fleets being thinned out as ships take losses is a big problem for the AI fleets that run low quality ships, as they lose a lot of ships, then have to bring in new reinforcements from the map edge. But what if there’s a new bouy type that allow reinforcements into the middle of the comat area?  Call it Drive Field relay or sth, that once captured allows newly arrived ships to warp in around it. Maybe there should be only one on the map, right in the center, to simply things.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:59:54 PM by goduranus »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical combat new capturable bouy - reinforcement spawn point
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »

So, fleets being thinned out as ships take losses is a big problem for the AI fleets that run low quality ships, as they lose a lot of ships, then have to bring in new reinforcements from the map edge. But what if there’s a new bouy type that allow reinforcements into the middle of the comat area?  Call it Drive Field relay or sth, that once captured allows newly arrived ships to warp in around it. Maybe there should be only one on the map, right in the center, to simply things.
Wouldn't really help TBH. Hell, it could make it easier by spawning the enemies in one area that is surrounded by the player fleet!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical combat new capturable bouy - reinforcement spawn point
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:22:32 PM »

I think it could make a difference for the player. I have lost battles/taken damage because I had to retreat several large ships (because of CR) and then I was fighting at a disadvantage while they left and new ships arrived. This would help more in a situation where the battle is being fought near the enemies spawn by speeding up reinforcements. It would probably more benefit a player fleet that is outnumbered (but winning) to reinforce as they destroy waves of enemy ships. If you are losing, you will be pushed back and thus this will not be relevant probably.

It could also present an opportunity for player abuse, however, if the player surrounded the beacon, they would likely have it under their own control, so that seems to not be a huge issue.