Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stock variants with the normal PD laser  (Read 5645 times)

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stock variants with the normal PD laser
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »

the DPS is too low, and no hullmod exists yet that makes up for it
But what does "too low" even mean? Just because it's lower than everything else? Something has to be the lowest...  :)

did some math not but a few minutes ago for another thread. and thought i would re post it here... so to quote myself

Is LR PD laser really that bad compared to the others? Even to the normal PD laser?

pd laser

range :325
DPS: 75
turn rate: 75
flux per second: 50

LR PD laser

range 400
DPS:  50
turn rate: 50
flux per second: 40

lets take a look at missile speeds

50 speed missiles
phase charge launcher: hp 250 (3.3 seconds for pd to kill or about 165 range.) (5 seconds LR PD to kill or about 250 range.)

150 speed missiles
Atropos torpedo hp: 250 (3.3 seconds for pd to kill or about 495 range.) (5 seconds LR PD to kill or about 750 range.) ( i hope you have more than one hitting them LOL)
sabot SRM hp: 300 (4 seconds for pd to kill or about 600 range) (6 seconds LR PD to kill or about 900 range.) (again hope you are hitting it with more than one PD laser)

200 speed missile
pilum LRM hp: 75 (1 second for pd to kill or about 200 range) (1.5 seconds LR PD to kill or about 300 range)

250 speed missiles
swarmer SRM hp: 25 (0.3 seconds for pd to kill or about 83 range) (0.5 seconds for LR PD to kill or about 125 range)
annihilator rockets hp: 50 (0.6 seconds for pd to kill or about 150 range) (1 second for LR PD to kill or about 250 range)
hurricane MIRV (before split) hp: 200 (2.6 seconds for pd to kill or about 650 range) (4 seconds for LR PD to kill or about 1000 range)

300 speed missiles
reaper class torpedoes hp: 400 (5.3 seconds for pd to kill or about 1600 range) (8 seconds for LR PD to kill or about 2400 range) (i hope you can maneuver or put a lot of hurting on these things)
salamander MRM hp: 150 (2 seconds for pd to kill or about 600 range) (3 seconds for LR PD to kill or about 900 range)
harpoon MRM hp:100 (1.3 seconds for pd to kill or about 400 range) (2 seconds for LR PD to kill or about 600 range)

obviously some of these missiles split up or come in groups so... for those i hope you have serious area PD or your going to be takeing damage.

these numbers were taken from starfarer/starfarer-core/data/weapons/weapon_data

You think you could do that math again, with Vulcan Cannons?  They seem like MUCH better PD weapons and I'm curious as to if they mathematically are.  I know the Vulcan does Fragmentation damage and fires INCREDIBLY fast, so that might have something to do with it.

IMO, Vulcans are good, PD Lasers are...bleh.  And LR PD Lasers are total junk.
Pages: 1 [2]