Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Identifying which mods i have downloaded at a glance  (Read 1015 times)

aZmoDen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Identifying which mods i have downloaded at a glance
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Good morning everyone,
Every time i go to pickup starsector again, i have to go through the process of loading up the game, checking which mods need updating and check against the list, mods i haven't downloaded yet.
All in all takes around 10-15 minutes. Not too bad. But i was thinking....
What if there was a way that i could 'tag' each mod i have downloaded from the mod index categorized page, which would allow me to at a glance, identify new mods that have been made/introduced...
Would it be possible to add something like this? see pick below for example idea...

*EDIT* maybe the bullet points could turn green if ive downloaded the mod or tagged the mod as downloaded. As an example ive setup the screenshot like that, and i can now see what mods i want to download (red dashes) very easily. What do you think? is it possible?
Im guessing it would need to be account based too....

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying which mods i have downloaded at a glance
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:38:44 PM »

I'm, uh, not sure if you noticed, but this forum is built on a rather outdated HTML markup codebase.

The feature you're asking for would require these text posts to be more than just editable HTML fields.

aZmoDen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying which mods i have downloaded at a glance
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:25:46 AM »

Yeah i got a response from Alex in the general chat version of this thread.
Apparently nexus mods and its new manager Vortex support Starsector and most of the big mods are on there.
I am going to leave this thread up for a day or so so people can see the results then ill delete this thread (or ask an admin to delete it)