Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How many markets can my own faction own?  (Read 3167 times)

Lutor27

• Ensign
  • "Bellum in omnes spiritu"
    • View Profile
How many markets can my own faction own?
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:54:28 PM »

So, I've been wondering how many markets can my faction really own. Right now, I own three markets: one with an alpha core, and two with human admins. Yesterday I found a Jungle world which is an actual gold mine in terms of Mining production, and an Alkali world with abundant organics AND bountiful farmland... and I reaaaallllyyy need them!

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How many markets can my own faction own?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:04:04 PM »

Since you mentioned that you have 2 admins, I will assume you have at least Colony Management 2.

With that, you can have 3 human admins for 3 different colonies.

Your "limit" will also be anywhere from 2 to 4 depending on how many points you put into Colony Management. The player limit is a soft one though as your colonies get
stability = 2 * (colony limit - colonies admined by player)

You can have a limitless number of alpha core admins.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »

In other words: You can have an UNLIMITED number of colonies. But every colony you have above your administration limit, the lower stability they all have.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 01:45:59 AM »

To be fair, a single 100% hazard colony is enough to give you more money than you know what to do with.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 11:47:12 AM »

Without alpha cores and with both skills Colony Management 3 and Planetary Operations 3, the most the player can own before taking net stability penalties is eight.  Colony Management 3 lets the player own up to seven without penalty.  Planetary Operations 3 gives +2 stability, and going over the limit is -2 stability per colony over the limit; that is effectively +1 to max colonies player can govern.

Lutor27

• Ensign
  • "Bellum in omnes spiritu"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 05:35:14 PM »

Ohh ok! Thanks! I DID colonize the jungle world and I'm currently receiving so much money, that I'm beginning to spend it on agent missions just for the sake of spending money >:)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »

redacted is source of infinite markets

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:56 AM »

Since you mentioned agents, I'm guessing that you're playing on Nexerelin. One thing I heard of there, but haven't yet verified myself, is that as you colonize more planets then the number of human admins you can have grows as well. So, more sources of more colonies for you.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »

So, I've been wondering how many markets can my faction really own. Right now, I own three markets: one with an alpha core, and two with human admins. Yesterday I found a Jungle world which is an actual gold mine in terms of Mining production, and an Alkali world with abundant organics AND bountiful farmland... and I reaaaallllyyy need them!

Alpha Cores do not count towards your limit so you're still under your personal limit of 2. Functionally, so long as you continue to acquire alpha cores you can secure an unlimited number of planets for your empire.