Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Good fighter faction  (Read 2532 times)

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Good fighter faction
« on: March 06, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »

Good day all!

I was wondering if anyone could list out the factions, including mods, that are heavily fighter focused?
Except Diable Avionics though, I've definitely done my share of time with that one.

Thanks in advance!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Good fighter faction
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »

I'd suggest DME (Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering) as a good fighter-heavy mod faction.  They've got some good ships that aren't carriers, but they also have top-of-the-line carriers, strong fighters, and two capital-class combat carriers: The Zelenograd is a battlecruiser type ship with only two fighter bays - but its fighter recall system lets it make devastating use of bombers.  And the Jeanne d'Arc is just a straight-up combat carrier, with six wings of fighters and direct firepower that's (arguably) comparable to a Legion.

Alternatively, I'd also suggest Sylphon Research and Design.  As a faction, they're not very fighter focused overall, but they've got a decent variety of strong drone fighters, as well as several dedicated drone-carrier hulls; the capital one is particularly fun to play with, as it has a unique take on variable weapon mounts: a pair of large energy slots that, when left empty, turn into extra fighter bays.  (Personally, I hate losing crew, so I'm definitely fond of zero-crew fighters when I can find ones that are worth using.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:24:34 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:50:22 PM »

To complete Wyvern:

Tyrador Safeguard Coalition (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5492.0)
This faction has lot of different carrier and make an insane use of drones, to the point that there is even missile weapon launching drones with laser, and ship system giving a boost to wings around them.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:33:21 PM »

Edit: Nvm, found some remnants.