Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Genuinely impressed  (Read 3757 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
Genuinely impressed
« on: February 25, 2019, 05:25:37 AM »

Hey I just wanted to say that this game is shaping up to be AMAZING.

I have been here (for better or worse) since I think V6, but enough to remember when it was just the base constellation and not much else.

Watching this game grow into what it is currently has been one hell of a trip, and I can't wait to see what it becomes.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Genuinely impressed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »

Thank you! Made my day :)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »

You are actually remarkably talented. I know this seems silly but I really want this game complete, so finish it soon!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »

:D :D :D

As much as you might want to see the game completed, I want that 10x more :)

warchiefwill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Genuinely impressed. Bravo!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »

I have been lurking on the fringes for years, and made an account today because I had to express something similar to OP.

You have created a thing of beauty here. As the threads of this great interstellar tapestry weave finally together, it truly is a wonder to behold. And to think that it's mostly the work of one man / two men, the grind it must have been, day after day, year after year, the self-doubt, the vision and ability to stay the course, to be in the final finishing sights now.

And to be told that this thing, this work that must have *** consumed your heart and soul - verily I tell you this work is a thing alive that breathes and lives and has a soul, too. A rare, ethereal thing in video games these days - big budget, yes, soul? No. You could have taken the core gem of this game, the combat, wrapped a few scripted missions with it, and made a fine game on Steam years ago and some fine money too. Forgettable, but fine. What you have created instead is a universe that holds within it all these other giant space games failed to do, the power to be immersed in a living galaxy and truly create your own story.

I thank you sir, and I am sure I speak for many others when I saw we will be overjoyed at this games release! Bravo!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum - thank you for registering just to say something so nice :)

And to think that it's mostly the work of one man / two men,

Yeah, I definitely want to make sure David gets a lot of credit here! He may not be working on the game full-time, but the effect of his contributions is far beyond the hours he puts in, if that makes sense. Plus, in addition to the art, he's also taken on most of the writing duties - stuff like the bar events, for example, are largely his ideas and writing.

Flix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »

Oh hey, I'm just another fringe lurker who's been playing / following this game for a few years now. Want to add my drop to the love bucket for Alex. It's more than deserved. I hope this project allows you the financial freedom to continue doing what you love! You're very talented indeed and so is David. props to both of you!
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »

<3

I'd say "welcome to the forum" but you've been a member for, like, 5 years :)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »

Assuming David is the artist, I have to give him mad props. Not only has he made the game look gorgeous. He has also managed to make a series of ships that look radically different but all fit within the same general meta... Which is a monumental task and paramount to flying a 787 through a pinhead.

I JUST WANT THIS GAME TO BE DOOOOONE!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 05:38:39 PM »

Assuming David is the artist

Indeed! (And let's not forget Stian Stark, who's responsible for the amazing (if I do say so myself) music and sound effects.)

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 12:25:13 AM »

Indeed! (And let's not forget Stian Stark, who's responsible for the amazing (if I do say so myself) music and sound effects.)
Oh sometimes I spend way too much time at the main menu just listening to the track. It's truly great. Just wish the game had more, for variety sake, but I guess my mod will have to hold me over.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »

*insert gushing and babbling about the music, because it's one of the few tracks that my fiancee actually likes and will listen to over long periods.