Starsector > Announcements

Starsector is now on the Nexus

<< < (2/6) > >>

Shrugger:
Generally: Great, and I'd very much like to make use of this!

Minor questions:
Can we manually add non-Vortex and/or non-Nexus mods to Vortex?

Because else I predict a holy mess of conflicts, having to install everthing manually after all, and possibly having to check nexus and the forums simultaneously in order to always get up-to-date mods.

Also, does the Version checker work with Nexus mods?

LazyWizard:

--- Quote from: Shrugger on February 23, 2019, 11:16:13 PM ---Can we manually add non-Vortex and/or non-Nexus mods to Vortex?

Because else I predict a holy mess of conflicts, having to install everthing manually after all, and possibly having to check nexus and the forums simultaneously in order to always get up-to-date mods.

--- End quote ---

You can! Just drag the zip over the box at the bottom of the Mods page.
Spoiler[close]
You won't be notified of mod updates through Vortex if you installed it manually, so you may want to keep Version Checker around if you're mixing and matching Nexus and forum downloads.

--- Quote ---Also, does the Version checker work with Nexus mods?

--- End quote ---

Currently it will direct you to the forum thread rather than the Nexus page, but it will soon support both. :)

For any modders who want to add the field to your .version file early, it'll be called "modNexusId", and the value should be the number at the end of the Nexus URL (for example, Nexerelin's would be 28). This field will be optional, of course.

Tartiflette:
Mod profiles is really something I wish the game would support, especially with the amount of QoL and libraries mods we have sprinkled among content mods. Or at least a taller launcher and a separate window for utilities.

Alex:

--- Quote from: LazyWizard on February 23, 2019, 04:48:28 PM ---You will still need to enable any mods added through Vortex in the Starsector launcher. The Vortex API includes bindings to read from the registry but not to write to it, so I couldn't have it enable them for you automatically.

--- End quote ---

Hmm - if I were to add an alternate way of enabling mods (such as, say, a json file somewhere in the mods folder), would that help matters? If not - is there something that would?

LazyWizard:
A json would be ideal. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version