Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best loadout for Fourteenth Onslaught?  (Read 7564 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
Best loadout for Fourteenth Onslaught?
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:26:23 AM »

What are your best loadouts for the Onslaught XIV?  I want it to be the beast it was meant to be without it getting shitcanned because my flux exploded out the other side.

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Best loadout for Fourteenth Onslaught?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:14:10 AM »

extended magazines
missile racks
ITU
thrusters
turret gyros

4 Sabot pods, alternatively, 2 sabot and 2 typhoon
1 hellbore
2 MK IX
5 flak
4 arbalest autocannons
6 light mortars

I haven't put this together in the refitter, but it should be fairly flux-efficient if you watch your hellbore use. You have plenty of strike damage, weapons to ward off flanking frigates and fighters, and a good bit of kinetic pressure. You may run into some trouble against a paragon, though.

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »

Vulcans on all smalls, dual flak on both center foward facing mediums, regular flak on back and back left and right medium mounts.

Heavy Autocannons on both foward medium mounts on the left and right. Heavy mauler on center foward facing medium mount.

MK9 Autocannons on both left and right Large mounts, devestator on center Large.

Reapers or Harpoons. Sabots for cheesing, Hiex for killing andthing in one salvo.

Armored Weapon mounts, not Heavy Armor (you actually want to be able to turn).
Range hullmods (Every ship needs one)
Exp Missile Racks
Aux Thrusters
That thing that reduces emp and makes you vent faster
Blast doors or reinforced bulkheads. Insulated thrusters or whatever (gives about 24000 to 30000 HP)

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »

What are your best loadouts for the Onslaught XIV?  I want it to be the beast it was meant to be without it getting shitcanned because my flux exploded out the other side.
Well my lad, it really depends on what you are gearing it vs. What your own fleet composition is like and what you plan of attack is.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »

I find Auxiliary Thrusters Hullmod a must so you can swivel your Onslaught between the Thermal Pulse cannon and 2 of the large ballistic turrets more easily and change direction for burn drive. Thermal pulse cannon is relatively flux efficient burst damage vs shields and ideally you want to be able to have enough flak cannons and vulcans to defend against strike missiles whilst you are recharging your Thermal pulse cannons and occassionally letting your large ballistic turrets hold fire to dissapitate the soft flux. I tend to leave empty the small mounts unless I really need the vulcans for anti missile vs certain Battlestations. I prefer to have the two middle medium ballistics to be the Hypervelocity Driver as I find they are too far away from the sides to be effective anti-missile or fighter. This assuming a "generalist vs ships" purpose.