Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: I have no idea how to access my custom build ships  (Read 6195 times)

DutchTheGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
I have no idea how to access my custom build ships
« on: February 21, 2019, 02:23:20 AM »

Hello there.

I've recently bought Starsector and I am doing alright atm in the game, my singular colony is doing quite great at size 6 while making me a lot of money.
With said money and some blueprints / models I found in exploring for more suitable colonies, I made some ships for myself.

As the title suggests however, I have no idea how to access them. Currently when I order them, I just get the supplies/fuel/etc in my storage, and no ships.
is there a seperate storage for ships I don't know how to see?
Or is this a bug where the ships just aren't given to me?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

DutchTheGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: I have no idea how to access my custom build ships
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »

as a small update, the ships are there in storage. I can see them from the Command tab under my colonies. So they have certainly been delivered.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:52:02 AM »

Not exactly sure where you're looking for them but when you're at a colony that's designated for storing all your items, they should be present in the fleet screen. Just go to the ''take'' tab, instead of ''leave''.
Please don't take me too seriously.

DutchTheGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:19:07 AM »

Alright, so both suggestions combined worked.

I had pressed F (to pay respect) already, but it appears I just didn't notice the 'Take' option in the top.

Thanks for the help

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 10:34:55 AM »

I think there should be any option to directly access the inventory storage screen and the fleet storage screen. In the case of the fleet storage screen, perhaps the sell/buy and leave/take buttons should be bigger or more obvious, and less looking like tabs and more like options, or perhaps it should be done like the storage/inventory interface.