Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best Anti-[REDACTED] Ships and Loadouts  (Read 20101 times)

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Best Anti-[REDACTED] Ships and Loadouts
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 01:41:36 PM »

Am I doing it wrong?
Subsystems can be valuable. But it depends on your playstyle. Use the simulator to tryout whether you are doing it wrong or not. If you plan to use fighters as main weapon, it may pay off to make these stronger and better with their respective subsystems (deck crew,...).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 01:43:10 PM by Kohlenstoff »

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 02:06:14 PM »

Im sorry, i meant multiple of those: https://sectorloadouts.info/view/keytiD4PrhXE3YCia
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 12:26:14 AM »

Drover's ability doesn't benefit bombers, I recommend using Herons for those. Also, spamming large numbers Herons filled with captured redacted fighters is great. If you get several of them they will launch fighters faster than the enemy can shoot down. Drover is great for spamming Sparks too, but its low defenses and slow speed will lead to losses.
https://sectorloadouts.info/view/CaKWWjdpMKKukgseA

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 11:00:59 AM »

I found it!! I found it!!! The best Anti-Redacted ship and loadout!!!! It's Drovers carrying Spark fighters with Hardened Subsystems, Expanded Deck Crew and Extended Shields.
A fleet of pure Spark Drovers can defeat any single Redacted fleet without player input, except for setting up defense waypoints at the start, and bringing in more Drovers as reinforcement points are freed up.
It goes very easy on supply and fuel consumption, the only downside is that you'd have to defeat a few redacted fleets first to salvage their Spark Fighters
https://sectorloadouts.info/view/EAYxwcBdjNR9YfwrG

Seen here a fleet of Spark Drovers taking down a redacted fleet with 3 Radiant battleships without any loss, and a minimum of player input.

could you give advice on good fighters and bombers? Also I see you have maxed venting, and not so much points in total flux. And I see you've spent a lot of points on those subsystem things. I max flux and vents, then weapons, then I have enough left over for one or two subsystem things. Am I doing it wrong?
That particular setup is only for the monitor. Monitor benefits from maxing vents and minimizing shield upkeep to to get the most out of its flux shunts and fortress shield. Best fighters are Redacted Sparks, paired with Drovers to benefit from Reserve Deployment.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:11:00 AM by goduranus »

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 11:09:05 AM »

The drovers performance looks great!!! I did not expect, that the fighters can be that efficient. I still like my tactic for my self due fun but i would now suggest to others to use drovers because they get things done in half the time. Really impressive!

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »

Unless enemy is optimized to handle fighters (dual flak & devastators or Spark spam of their own), they are doomed given sufficient fighter mass. And AI fleets are never optimized against fighters.
Though getting that many Sparks will take forever in actual campaign playthrough (can player get a blueprint?).

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »

Every Orange Beacon fleet drops about 2 Sparks? So the player can get maybe 10 from attacking easier enemies. Then Red Beacon fleets drop maybe about 5 per fleet, so that's fighting 6 more Red Beacon fleets before getting a full set of 40 Sparks for 20 Drovers.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 10:51:34 AM »

Spark Drovers are really sweet, its true!

In that fight, it looks like the biggest advantage is that the AI think you have under-deployed, so are trickling in ships a few at a time. Its always your whole fleet concentrated on just a ship or two at a time. Not a bad way to get the job done :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]