Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Best Anti-[REDACTED] Ships and Loadouts  (Read 20100 times)

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Best Anti-[REDACTED] Ships and Loadouts
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 06:38:31 AM »

My tactic is also using Paragons. 1 or 2 well configured Paragons are in Starsector 0.9a enough against all, what the REDACTED have to offer... yes everything.

I found the most effective loadout is to have 2 plasma cannons at front for hard flux and 2 tachyon lances at front for longer range and more flux. Two Phase Lances are at the back to ease the killing of small hard ships. These allow even the destruction of larger ships. The two tactical lasers are not much more than aiming helpers. Two dual flak cannons are enough to keep medium amounts of fighters under control. They can even stop most incoming torpedoes. The skill and loadout details are in the attached images.

The AI controlled Paragons need to have aggressive Officers in them to fight succesful!

Here the Videos:

Single Paragon Vs Medium Ordo (including 1 Radiant):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIr9UD3PYuI

Two Paragons Vs Large Ordo (3 Radiants) with many unusually tough ships:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTSAZtrW2k

Two Paragons Vs Two Medium Ordos (one with 2 Radiants):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVI7G8xkwjI

One Paragon Vs full Battlestation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X08WTCaIvx8

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 04:24:47 AM by Kohlenstoff »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:55 AM »

Reaper Harbinger, always Reaper Harbinger, good vs everything  8)

https://sectorloadouts.info/view/GEp6Rgg2AkheZJwph

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »

Reaper Harbinger, always Reaper Harbinger, good vs everything  8)

https://sectorloadouts.info/view/GEp6Rgg2AkheZJwph

So good in fact,  the Harbinger is getting nerfed to hell and back...

Glad I could help :D

Kinetics are great, turns out the game is much easier when your enemies are maxed out on flux all the time. Still need HE, but my attitude is trying to get just enough HE and the rest kinetics. Vs. weaker shielded enemies, HE tends to be significantly better (particularly vs pathers) so always try to build for the enemies you are planning to fight. Bombers are also a lot better in other fights, but the remnant tend to deploy tons of sparks that basically negate all bombers.

Yeah I usually do a ratio of 2:1 KE:HE
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 09:23:00 AM »

Disruptor-energy mounts make no sense, it's like restricting nuclear submarine to using machine guns, I wish it were nerfed some other way.
In any case there's probably gonna be more loadouts to exploit come next patch anyways.

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »

One thing about the two fixed large weapon mounts of the Paragon. I never use them, because the ship loves to auto target a little fighter with it and proceeds with hilarious slow maneuvres to get that particular fighter into the firing cone of these weapon mounts. Instead I use all 4 frontal medium weapon mounts with plasma drivers (333 damage each) and the large ones left and right with triplebeam (750 damage each) (all mod weapons...Mayasurean fleet I guess). Adding beam weapon range upgrade and you have an extreme range beamboat with high firerate (both weapons don´t fire continuesly) and very high damage. And to make it round, I added also 4 artillery swarmers with groupfiremodus, who in the mass of 4 salvos of many little missiles can knock out a shieldless frigate or clean sweep an area with fighters/bombers.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »

The strongest beams of the Vanilla game have against shields still only half the DPS of the plasma cannons while they even require more flux per shield damage. Beam weapons are good for long range but the enemies don't need to lower shields to dissipate the soft flux of the beams. The redacted have strong shields and strong dissipation. Range alone does'nt pay off, when the enemies have time enough to gather their ships around my ship before getting destroyed.

The tachyon lances are also more effective, if the enemies get some hard flux, because enemies with hard flux get some bonus damage while shields are up. That alone is a good reason to have something, what actually produces much hard flux.

My own experience is, that the AI handles this loadout very well. It is not as good as i, but it does enough to ensure that i can let the AI do certain important tasks alone so that we are even in tough situations the ones, who can think about what to do with the loot. The weapons at the front hardpoints improve the results. In cases, when the AI doesn't do, what i want, i can give orders or help them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:52:54 PM by Kohlenstoff »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »

If playing by the no Harbinger handicap, I think redacted’s shields are the main problem. How about tons of Herons with shittons of anti-shield fighters? 3 broadsword squadrons, backed by a heavy mauler or heavy mortar. Maybe have another carrier or two with lots of captured sparks, since redacted have lots of carriers. 

I think astrals are not the ideal carrier for this because its special ability is mostly for bombers; while the Drover is ideal for fighters, it’s too slow and often gets overrun by redacted destroyers.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:43 PM »

Radiants are pretty OP, but funnily enough for a ship unobtainable for player, not in a way all that useful to AI. They are essentially capital Medusas, and we all know how bad AI is at piloting these.
In straight brawl where Radiant doesn't make good use of skimmer and anti fortress shield tactics (continuous medium intensity fire instead of tank-able bursts) it loses to Paragon. Of course, it also costs only 40 DP vs 60 DP of Paragon.

... Tested a bit more (skill-less sim with custom variants). Radiant is OP. When properly optimized (Autopulses, Gravitons, Hullmods/Vents) it is decently challenging opponent even for player-piloted Paragon in anti-Radiant variant. In AI vs AI it just wins against any Capital most of the time. All of that while being the cheapest capital in DP, along Conquest.
Even it's usage of skimmer is somehow better than Medusa's (because capitals are less about finesse, I guess).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:43:17 AM by TaLaR »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 12:14:34 AM »

I found this design to be particularly good, it's pretty maneuverable, has 4 railguns to beat down those redacted shields, and outranges the energy weapons on the redacted ships, as well has having 360 degree shields so those redacted fighters can't shoot out its engines.
https://sectorloadouts.info/view/FWYkshv8MsGBp9vnn

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 06:41:04 AM »

Having fun while I still can! :P :P :P
https://youtu.be/9XYtYe7XmMk

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 03:42:00 AM »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:35:12 AM by goduranus »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »

I don't use capitals to kill REDACTED at all.

Most of the time, it's a fighter-heavy fleet. A Heron, a Mora, two Drover, 1-2 Afflictor, 1-2 Apogee. I may also bring Hammerheads, but these require babysitting. Same with Drover. Success hinges on the player being able to direct aggression.

It is crucial that the player take the lead using the deep Apogee shield & flux pool. I go for a very minimalist loadout with a Plasma Cannon, Locust SRM, two Pulse Lasers and PD.
The carriers get a balanced loadout and either Khopesh or Dagger bombers, sided by RED fighters. Tac Lasers & HVD on Heron, some Railguns and Annihilators on the Mora. Naturally you want EMP resist on all ships. Defense points help as well, since RED can make quick work of stragglers. Formations may open up later when the enemy fleet has been weakened.

This works against fleets up to and including Radiants. I would bring capitals against a top-tier station.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 06:33:42 AM by Schwartz »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2019, 07:16:15 AM »

Come on guys, Monitor is seriously underrated, take one and it'll suck up all of a station's firepower.

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »

could you give advice on good fighters and bombers? Also I see you have maxed venting, and not so much points in total flux. And I see you've spent a lot of points on those subsystem things. I max flux and vents, then weapons, then I have enough left over for one or two subsystem things. Am I doing it wrong?

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »

Killing them is easy with a swarm of xyphos...
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."
Pages: 1 [2] 3