Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: General Feedback / Thoughts  (Read 13308 times)

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
Re: General Feedback / Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 12:13:49 AM »

Add space stations to the loadout simulation.

e: This idea's alittle more wild. A way to "reverse engineer" a ship. But ideally you're going to only be able to do this when you've spent some time (Say 3 or so months) or a number of battles with it. The idea being that you've learned its quirks, your engineers understand its natures and can rip it apart to fully catalog what it takes to build one.

In the end, you take a ship you've grown to depend upon, tear it apart, and now you can build more. A impressive cost when you start to consider cruisers and capitals.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:48:39 AM by Thyrork »
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 12:47:58 PM »

I think the whole simulator should be reworked so you can have fun against any multiple of any opponents.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:07 AM »

There was a bug in a previous release where if you took a recently captured ship, gave it a configuration and go to simulator immediately after, your ally would spawn as an enemy and try to kill you.  That was a good (and funny) bug that could have easily ascended into a feature.

It would be nice to designate ships in your fleet or stock simulator as either allies or enemies.  By designating your fleet as enemies, you can fight against ships with your custom loadouts easily.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 10:02:26 AM »

I just want to be able to simulate enemy officers, that would already go a long way to improving it.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 06:18:29 AM »

If flying without a transponder but you're also commissioned with the faction that catches you, get a variable reply of "oh sorry sir/ma'am" depending on your positive standing and no punishment to reputation.

Because I just want to defend you from the pirates but they'll run if they see me gods damnit!  ::)

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 03:49:46 AM »

On the fitting screen, could the amount of OP left be made brighter if you're in the hull mods menu? Its helpful for removing vents til you can fit a mod.

In combat against space stations, or multi part ships, could it be possible to order your ships to attack a specific part of the structure?

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 02:27:58 AM »

On the doctrine loadout, the ability to completely ignore a certain archetype of ship (Such as Phase) would be appreciated for those times when you don't have any good phase ships and you just want gremlins to stop spawning in your fleets. :D

E: Also, on the doctrine loadout, a blacklist would be handy to avoid specific guns, wings and ships.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:30:37 AM by Thyrork »

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »

The blacklist shouldn't be necessary IIUC; if you have any applicable hulls/weapons/wings prioritized it shouldn't use non-prioritized ones. I strongly second wanting to be able to completely ignore carriers/phase ships.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »

It's annoying to prioritize everything just not to have certain ships in your fleets, though, and makes it impossible to prioritize ships from "allowed" list. A blacklist would also prevent early boosts (like pirate or pather BPs) from annoying you later.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »

I want a blacklist feature alongside priority.  I would really like to blacklist a variety of ships, including most phase ships, burn 6 capital-sized civilians, and most of the pirate ships.  I would like to learn the pirate pack for the few good hulls they have, but I do not want to corrupt my patrols with sub-par pirate hulls.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »

My two biggest wishitems that haven't been addressed so far in patch notes are 1) a blacklist for hulls/weapons (like everyone else) and 2) being able to make my own station variants. Because that sounds incredibly fun.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 09:23:49 AM »

I just remembered the one big item on my wishlist:  Remove the type "DELETE" gate when deleting files.  With more than a few, it is so bad that I do not bother deleting files that way.  Typing delete for every last save is too much typing and time wasted.  I just wait until I get a stack, go to Windows Explorer or equivalent, sort by date, then delete a whole stack of older saves I no longer need.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »

A slight highlight on individual salvage fields. Just so you can tell them apart would be nice.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 05:12:15 AM »

Non-rented player using storage to the colony page would be nice to keep track of any stuff hiding in a abandoned station somewhere.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »

Non-rented player using storage to the colony page would be nice to keep track of any stuff hiding in a abandoned station somewhere.
Reminds me of something tangentally related.  Better lists.  The current lists are woefully inadequate.  Item list in colony is useless because it lists all of the commodites the colony produces but almost none of the weapons and special items stored, since the commodities eat nearly all of the alloted spaces before hitting "...and more".  Similarly, after I store a bunch of ships there, only a small fraction of the ships are displayed, and it gets annoying when ship types are effectively displayed twice because some are clunkers and the rest are pristine.

Perhaps for ship types, have something like clunkers/pristine.  For example, if I have Falcons in storage, instead of and 5 Falcon (D)s taking two slots, something like 3/5 Falcons or 5/3 Falcons.  That would help squeeze more ships in the list.  Of course, this does not help items since all of them do not have degraded versions, except nanoforges.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:31:23 AM by Megas »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5