Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.95a] Pulse Industry  (Read 280863 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Armada
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2019, 10:23:18 AM »

Is there a way to find the stats of weapons fighter wings are using? Some of them (like purified beam used by Plot fighters) are not in the codex.

Like many weapons of many fighters of others mods ^^.
The purified beam is just a weak tac laser if you wish to know. Display them on the codex will be a issue like we do not display these fighters weapons (vanilla has fighter weapon like that). But yeah, further, i will probably rename this weapon to "Short tac laser" for be clean. Sorry if this is a real issue. After, you can always "cheat" them for get them with the console commands and the id of the weapon than you can found on the weapons.csv.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Armada
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »

Ummm... "enemy ships"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Pulse Industry (Old: High Tech Armada)
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »

Version 1.0: (BREAK SAVE)
After a big decision, i have decided to remove everything i dislike. But like this is a co-work, i have needed to remove everything of Yui-chan. And like the name is own per Yui-Chan, i have renamed my mod Pulse Industry.
You can found the Yui-chan ships on their thread. I will update this post when i will know when.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 05:32:44 AM »

I've been using pulse ships for a some time and satisfied of them. Only two things should be said:

1) Pulse blueprints are too common. Sometimes I salvaged it 3 times in one system.

2) I found minsters ineffective. Yeah, yeah... heavily protected, lot of guns can be mounted... still ineffective. Only two large mounts, and both are right in a center of the large vessel, decreasing effective fire range. Lot of middle energy mounts? Really a lot. But you can't concentrate them on a single target. And, yes, medium energy weapons are either low DPS or low flux efficiency. Flux capacity might be hight, but dissipation is awful for it's size - you can not feed your numerous mount. Bombers, you say? Yes, they can increase firepower, but it costs a lot of OP for installing LPC and carrier hullmods. In fact, that is the main issue - minster does not have enough OP(360 compared to 370 paragon). If not their uber system, they would be useless at all. It is just a personal opinion, but this thing need a slight buff.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 06:29:31 AM »

I've been using pulse ships for a some time and satisfied of them. Only two things should be said:

1) Pulse blueprints are too common. Sometimes I salvaged it 3 times in one system.

2) I found minsters ineffective. Yeah, yeah... heavily protected, lot of guns can be mounted... still ineffective. Only two large mounts, and both are right in a center of the large vessel, decreasing effective fire range. Lot of middle energy mounts? Really a lot. But you can't concentrate them on a single target. And, yes, medium energy weapons are either low DPS or low flux efficiency. Flux capacity might be hight, but dissipation is awful for it's size - you can not feed your numerous mount. Bombers, you say? Yes, they can increase firepower, but it costs a lot of OP for installing LPC and carrier hullmods. In fact, that is the main issue - minster does not have enough OP(360 compared to 370 paragon). If not their uber system, they would be useless at all. It is just a personal opinion, but this thing need a slight buff.

1) The rarity of the Pulse Industry package blueprint is the same than all others vanilla blueprints. You just do not have luck.

2) The Minster is not a battle ship. This is more a civilian ship, same if it do not have the civilian hullmod. I love this ship on the current state and i will not buff it. And some people abuse of shield hullmod because all hullmods of the ship go to these 4 shields module.

Thank for the feedback.

Gladiator Society

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 09:19:30 AM »

This is more a civilian ship

Oh... Haven't read the description. So, it is basically a logistic ship with ability to shot-dead lone capital? Make sense.

If so, isn't it too hight in maintenance? 75/month is kinda to hight. Efficiency overhaul and solar shielding (hyperspace storms) can be considered as a must-have hullmods, still it too hungry in supplies.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 09:37:01 AM »

This is more a civilian ship

Oh... Haven't read the description. So, it is basically a logistic ship with ability to shot-dead lone capital? Make sense.

If so, isn't it too hight in maintenance? 75/month is kinda to hight. Efficiency overhaul and solar shielding (hyperspace storms) can be considered as a must-have hullmods, still it too hungry in supplies.

Pulse Industry got some defense on their mothership. And for the maintenance. Really not because this ship is very much bigger than a vanilla capital. And it has the storage capacity for supplies.
But anyways, you need just to see it like a bad ship. Not really a ship than you want on your fleet, like i never put many capitals, cruiser, destroyer or frigates on my fleet because i dislike them. But the Minster, when i got one, i put one.

Else, maybe than yeah, i put Efficiency Overhaul on every ships of my fleet, but meh, ah ah.

Gladiator Society

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »

Well, I will try it as an exploration flagship. Surveying equipment theoretically able to negate it hungriness. I guess, it will be good in it's role.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »

you can easily change the OP cost to what you think is reasonable for cost/performance ratio. Everyone is going to have a different idea about whats fair...and most of the time the costs of things are fair...but then sometimes something, whether it its a weapon, hull, or hull mod..yeah, needs to be adjusted up or down.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »

Was it necessary to remove a third of the ships in this mod? I mean, I get that you're trying to clear out "garbage" and have the mod fit one specific theme, but I actually liked some of the non-pulse industries designs. Stuff like the Caltrop and Colchester were the entire reason I used the mod. High tech shiny blue ships that play exactly like every other high tech shiny blue ship are kind of boring, they don't have the character of the ships that used to be a part of this mod.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 08:47:52 AM »

Was it necessary to remove a third of the ships in this mod? I mean, I get that you're trying to clear out "garbage" and have the mod fit one specific theme, but I actually liked some of the non-pulse industries designs. Stuff like the Caltrop and Colchester were the entire reason I used the mod. High tech shiny blue ships that play exactly like every other high tech shiny blue ship are kind of boring, they don't have the character of the ships that used to be a part of this mod.
For reason, we have decided to cut the co-work. They have not dissapears, they are always on High Tech Armada, just not here, because this is not High Tech Armada anymore this thread.

You can found these ships (caltrop and colchester) on Yui-Chan thread (But she is busy or do something big for High Tech Armada). You can download on this temporary link:
https://bitbucket.org/Snrasha/armada/downloads/HighTechArmada.zip
Contains the 4 ships of Yui-Chan.

Gladiator Society

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »

Ah, okay, thank you. I didn't realize there was a separate mod for it now.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »

Totally agree with that, Minister been based on Cathedral from S&W pack, but while Cathedral probably the strongest super capital i ever seen, this thing is abysmal...

Key difference is flux management. To make Cathedral GODLIKE all you need is install makeshift shield generators on each module. Something like this - https://i.imgur.com/lLxw0lO.jpg
What makes it so strong is fact what center piece have almost none weapon mounts and all of them are composites, so you can install rockets and forget about wasting flux on weapons at all. All flux goes to main shield and when it about to break you vent it while auxilary parts able to protect themselves using their own shields. You just need to minimize downtime of main shields and make sure what smaller shields are durable enough to sustain damage while you venting. It also allows you to move extremely fast for such beast - abusing 0-flux boost while keep yourself mostly protected from damage. This opens conquest-like playstyle of super kite-capitalship. Pretty hilarious for such enormous ship.

Minister been done completely opposite. It's shield modules are weaponless and very fragile capacity and armor vise, they not able to absorb any decent ammount of dps and fall apart after 1-2 overloads. At the same time all your weapon mounts concentrated under core control, so you have dilemma: shot or try to survive. No matter what you chose this gonna lead to rapid overload of main ship and auxulary shields aswell, leading to complete inability to fight against any decent capital-sized comlement to enemy's fleet. This thing can deal some significant damage, especially against Paragons (glad to minister shipsystem), but can hardly withstand against even minor focuse fire.

Solutions? Obviously it needs a buff. It's not even capital ship after all, it is super capital, the 5th class. But it just underperforming. I would prefer to use pair of Paragons as AI-controlled complementary to my main ship instead of Minister, because they literally almost immortal (very important to not lose your capital ships) and able to support me with 4 large energy mounts each. More ordnance points, better shield modules, maybe less small and medium mounts, but more large ones? Medium energy is just very poor choice for capital, even with mods there is none even half-decent ones. Also it would be nice to make mounts more standardized. I mean ffs minister had 16 universal mounts and... 3 small rockets? Why not just 19 small universals then? Why you force player to make 5th weapon group with, for example, 3 small reapers? It makes 0 sence.

p.s. by the way, ai just never uses quantum discharge, which is another nail to the minister's coffin.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 10:47:21 AM »

Totally agree with that, Minister been based on Cathedral from S&W pack, but while Cathedral probably the strongest super capital i ever seen, this thing is abysmal...

Key difference is flux management. To make Cathedral GODLIKE all you need is install makeshift shield generators on each module. Something like this - https://i.imgur.com/lLxw0lO.jpg
What makes it so strong is fact what center piece have almost none weapon mounts and all of them are composites, so you can install rockets and forget about wasting flux on weapons at all. All flux goes to main shield and when it about to break you vent it while auxilary parts able to protect themselves using their own shields. You just need to minimize downtime of main shields and make sure what smaller shields are durable enough to sustain damage while you venting. It also allows you to move extremely fast for such beast - abusing 0-flux boost while keep yourself mostly protected from damage. This opens conquest-like playstyle of super kite-capitalship. Pretty hilarious for such enormous ship.

Minister been done completely opposite. It's shield modules are weaponless and very fragile capacity and armor vise, they not able to absorb any decent ammount of dps and fall apart after 1-2 overloads. At the same time all your weapon mounts concentrated under core control, so you have dilemma: shot or try to survive. No matter what you chose this gonna lead to rapid overload of main ship and auxulary shields aswell, leading to complete inability to fight against any decent capital-sized comlement to enemy's fleet. This thing can deal some significant damage, especially against Paragons (glad to minister shipsystem), but can hardly withstand against even minor focuse fire.

Solutions? Obviously it needs a buff. It's not even capital ship after all, it is super capital, the 5th class. But it just underperforming. I would prefer to use pair of Paragons as AI-controlled complementary to my main ship instead of Minister, because they literally almost immortal (very important to not lose your capital ships) and able to support me with 4 large energy mounts each. More ordnance points, better shield modules, maybe less small and medium mounts, but more large ones? Medium energy is just very poor choice for capital, even with mods there is none even half-decent ones. Also it would be nice to make mounts more standardized. I mean ffs minister had 16 universal mounts and... 3 small rockets? Why not just 19 small universals then? Why you force player to make 5th weapon group with, for example, 3 small reapers? It makes 0 sence.

p.s. by the way, ai just never uses quantum discharge, which is another nail to the minister's coffin.

The minster shipsystem has be fixed on the last release and the range is very small (1500).
I will modify these 3 missiles to universal for the issue to have 5th weapon group.

But Minster is not a ship for battle for me. Not created for battle.  I will think to maybe reduce a bit the maintenance cost because of that.

Gladiator Society

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »

I look at the stats and on paper Minister better in everything, it's already a bit cheaper, have 2.5x base flux vent, 40k flux capacity, more efficient shields... his pulse core makes large energy mounts more powerful, but in real combat it somehow performs a lot worse. I have to say what i didn't understand this ship.

Can you share your loadout in form of image, similar to mine? I just wonder how author sees his role.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:18:25 PM by PainProjection »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8