Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Navigation 3 not giving burn level bonus to military ships?  (Read 1716 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Navigation 3 not giving burn level bonus to military ships?
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:29:18 AM »

Hello,

I've just got navigation 3 on my pirate playthorugh with underworld mod.. my salvage ships & transport have gained the bonus burn level but warships haven't?

any ideas appreciated..

cheers..

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Navigation 3 not giving burn level bonus to military ships?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »

Your transports probably have +1 burn level from militarized subsystems.

The bonus from navigation 3 does not apply to individual ships; it applies to the fleet as a whole.  Mouse over the burn level display in the lower left & expand that tooltip; you'll see the navigation bonus applied there.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 09:48:43 AM »

Ah many thanks for that Wyvern!!  :D

im not sure if "efficiency overhaul" is base game hull mod? looks like it's not giving the 20% fuel use bonus? or am i reading the tooltip wrong maybe?  Crew required & supply use seems ok.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 10:26:18 AM »

Efficiency Overhaul is in the base game, and it does show on individual ship tooltips for me, reducing the fuel requirement listed for the ship it's installed on.  If you're seeing something else, then it'd probably help to, one, post a screenshot of the detail tooltip for the ship in question, and two, be prepared to send Alex a save file demonstrating the issue.  (Though, obviously, not actually sending that until he asks for it, in case it is just a case of misreading things or looking at the wrong tooltip.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 04:35:37 AM »

Is it the same for Nav 2 with the fuel drop? ( as in only shows up stat wise globally somewhere? ) i can't tell from tooltips if that's in effect? should i be able to see this somewhere?

Cheers

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »

Nav 2 works properly as far as the reduction being applied, but for the next release, it'll be applied per-ship so that you can see it in the ship tooltips, the same way you see Efficiency Overhaul.