Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nemesis system and bounty hunters actually hunting you down  (Read 2413 times)

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Nemesis system and bounty hunters actually hunting you down
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:44:24 AM »

So there are games like Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of war that have a system which creates boss-tier enemies that are unique, can level and make things more personal.

Maybe it would be possible to implement system that creates fleet commanders that would level up, upgrade their fleets and eventually hunt you if you get on their bad side (like bounty hunters doing their damn job if you turn pirate or Vengeful relations description actually turning out true as factions send out a fleet prepared just to get you).
They don't need to be numerous, as it would probably end up in clutter, but giving them a decent chance to survive the lost battle would help creating more storyline of rivalry with that commander.
I think it would enhance overall gameplay and also would make late-game challenging.

And as I mentioned earlier, enable bounty hunter to track you down and hunt you if you anger a faction (with pirates only at vengeful and more rarely, they're already numerous).

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Nemesis system and bounty hunters actually hunting you down
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 07:31:13 AM »

And as I mentioned earlier, enable bounty hunter to track you down and hunt you if you anger a faction (with pirates only at vengeful and more rarely, they're already numerous).

That's already in the game  :-[

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:53:37 AM »

Not the vanilla one, I guess you're talking of Nexelerin.
So far the only attempt of any faction to pose an action directly against you is aimed at your colonies, but never against the player fleet

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:38:48 AM »

Not the vanilla one, I guess you're talking of Nexelerin.
So far the only attempt of any faction to pose an action directly against you is aimed at your colonies, but never against the player fleet

I play vanilla.

I failed to deliver some fuel once, and some bounty hunter tracked me down in the middle of nowhere. Apparently they didn't appreciate me pocketing a few thousands gallons of fuel.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 10:43:59 AM »

That's not really the same thing as being under vengeful relations with a faction though, which is what the OP was talking about.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »

I play vanilla.

I failed to deliver some fuel once, and some bounty hunter tracked me down in the middle of nowhere. Apparently they didn't appreciate me pocketing a few thousands gallons of fuel.

My bad, I did learn something new today, I will try it. Are you also been hunted when failing to pay the TT loan?

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »

I play vanilla.

My bad, I did learn something new today, I will try it. Are you also been hunted when failing to pay the TT loan?
I haven't tried failing that one, I learned my lesson.

They were pretty persistent, too. Coming at me as soon as I entered hyperspace.