Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My Custom Mod [StarTrek(G)] BETA  (Read 2148 times)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
My Custom Mod [StarTrek(G)] BETA
« on: January 31, 2019, 10:53:27 PM »

After working on it for about a month, I've finally managed to get something together as far as a mod goes. It's not fancy, it's not intuitive, and it's not flashy like other mods out there. But I did put my heart and soul into and managed to piece together this little work. It's not complete. It does have a single error I can't pin down but otherwise it's capable of being tested out. I recommend using Nexerlin to use it. It's compatible with it.

At this stage of the mod, the era is the ENT era for the Federation only. The Romulans are to be introduced a little later. I did put a taste of them in this version of the mod though. They aren't playable but you should be able to buy their singular vessel in the Romulus system. The ENT era is fairly balanced against itself not so much vanilla. But a group of them can be very feisty versus a vanilla vessel.

Please, do try it out and let me know how it works for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ljbp0v24tkjtom/StarTrek%28G%29.7z?dl=0

I've updated the mod slightly. I've corrected the shipdata csv and managed to slap a station into the mod while I was at it. The mod json file is corrected as well. There's still a lot of work to be done before I can be satisfied with this mod, but hopefully you'll enjoy what I've been able to slap together and enjoy playing while I'm not building the mod.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:22:46 PM by superjosh250 »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Mod [StarTrek(G)] BETA
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:12:22 AM »

Two quick thoughts.

This belongs in modding, not general.
You included the entire vanilla ship_data.csv (and maybe other whole files?) and then added your own ships to it. That is not how to safely add content into the game, you should only include what you wish to add.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Mod [StarTrek(G)] BETA
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:35 AM »

My bad for that. I was actually updating my mod for 0.9. I needed the up to date CSV to model after. Forgive me for that. I'll clean that up tonight.  And the error that I keep getting is a crash that says something about the fluxdistributor at random. I don't know why.

I also have to update the mod_json. I will keep my post to modding.