Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351574 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »

I found a pristine nanoforge, and after swiping the corrupted nanoforge from New Maxios, I had the silly idea of selling pristine nanoforge to their Open Market for 240K (not Black Market, must be sold to Open Market for market to install in their Heavy Industry) as much as possible.  However, turns out that swiping the nanoforge back was not so easy.  Save-scumming did not always work fast enough.  Took about two or three attempts of repeated raiding sessions to get my pristine nanoforge back.  While I still need money to buy capitals and/or some of the pricier industries, I do not have the patience to save-scum my nanoforge back if I sell it to New Maxios again.  In the end, I sold back their original corrupted nanoforge back, and I will continue to raid New Maxios from time to time for blueprints.

Because no one in Magec/Tibicena cares about transponders, that system is a great place to raid for stuff or otherwise move with transponder off without worrying about patrols.  (Tri-Tachyon base there is Free Port.)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »

I tried the improved Hurricane MIRV, and while it probably wants some speed boosts, they are not mandatory like it was in 0.9a, and the MIRV is decent out-of-the-box.

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »

Who can clarify how interaction with factions must work?
Im a bit confused. Im stealth raid few times Hegemony planets. Standing drop to -35. Game still give me procurement quests, i can accept them, but cant finish, even if i come to planet undetected and with turned off transponder. And more confusing, I take pirate quest to deliver stuff to Hegemony planet and cant finish it too. Pirate standing is -14, afaik npc must be interactable in both cases. -_-

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2019, 04:37:15 PM »

I tried the improved Hurricane MIRV, and while it probably wants some speed boosts, they are not mandatory like it was in 0.9a, and the MIRV is decent out-of-the-box.

I tried them. Still bad in wingman hands. 25 op just to waste most of shots into frigates and wrecks. Personally just prefer to give AI Locusts - at least they are not missed against frigates and do decent damage to bigger ships.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »

I prefer Locusts too, but if I have Hurricanes, but no Locusts, Hurricane is useful enough to use today, unlike in 0.9a, where they needed both MS1 and ECCM to be useful.  (Aside, once I found my second Locusts, I stripped the Hurricane off of my Conquest and mounted Locust #2.)

I might use Hurricane more if their OP cost matched Locusts.  Locusts is a good multi-purpose launcher that is cheap to use.  Currently, Hurricane feels like the starter homing missile and Locusts are the upgrade.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »

Didn't MIRV also have way better tracking in its secondary stage? I remember the terror of earlier versions when that fork of projectiles homed in on me. Now they can barely turn to aim at the thing they're hitting.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »

Im a bit confused. Im stealth raid few times Hegemony planets. Standing drop to -35. Game still give me procurement quests, i can accept them, but cant finish, even if i come to planet undetected and with turned off transponder. And more confusing, I take pirate quest to deliver stuff to Hegemony planet and cant finish it too. Pirate standing is -14, afaik npc must be interactable in both cases. -_-

turn transponder off?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2019, 06:12:41 PM »

Didn't MIRV also have way better tracking in its secondary stage? I remember the terror of earlier versions when that fork of projectiles homed in on me. Now they can barely turn to aim at the thing they're hitting.
Tracking was changed in 0.9a.  Today, you need both Missile Specialization 1 and ECCM Package to have good turning.  With the extra bombs in 0.9.1a, the aiming matters slightly less in getting some hits.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2019, 08:30:21 PM »

Planets that you've raided, especially more than once, won't interact with you at all for months afterwards, regardless of standing. It does say this in the text when you dock, albeit without any color drawing attention to the different response.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »

Actually only characters of the offended faction wouldn’t interact with you, pirate and independent characters on the planet tou raided still would.

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 22, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »

Planets that you've raided, especially more than once, won't interact with you at all for months afterwards, regardless of standing. It does say this in the text when you dock, albeit without any color drawing attention to the different response.

Seems like global faction planets ignore. =) I didnt raid Jangala, but cant do quests for them too.

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 22, 2019, 03:09:41 AM »

Actually only characters of the offended faction wouldn’t interact with you, pirate and independent characters on the planet tou raided still would.

Nope. A bit strange, but ok. Ill just wait.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 22, 2019, 08:02:59 AM »

With Pather interest much more transparent and thresholds relaxed in 0.9.1a, one silly strategy I have considered to save most of the core worlds from Pathers is to raid and steal the synchrotrons and nanoforges from the afflicted markets so that the cells either go to sleep or dissolve.

Then again, it seems all of the worlds that have active Pather cells always avert sabotage, so far.  Must be that 10 stability.

Once I see Pathers wrecking markets, I will considering stealing items when I can to make the Pathers go away.  Except for Culann, thanks to that Alpha administrator.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 22, 2019, 08:35:03 AM »

Nope. A bit strange, but ok. Ill just wait.

If you could send me your save, I'd love to take a look! Could be a bug.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 22, 2019, 11:10:57 AM »

Just recently encountered a pirate fleet with 56 ships.  (Broke the fleet cap.)  It was the only one so far.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62