Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351759 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2019, 09:59:50 PM »

Alright, tried to reproduce this "no salvage" issue, and so far not seeing it. Things I tried:

1) Defeating an enemy fleet while sustaining enough losses to have them disengage cleanly
2) Same thing, but attacking a station with the support of an enemy fleet
3) Same thing, but helping defend a station against an enemy fleet

So far, got proper salvage in every case. Any thoughts on what may be different here?

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2019, 10:38:37 PM »

Just to confirm, is this vanilla? Having a hard time seeing how this could happen, but didn't check into it just now.

Yep, pure vanilla. Patrol fleet for an LP station. Reflecting on it, the thing that strikes me as interesting here is that this is the first one I've noticed over the 30 ship limit... and it's full on double it. Almost like it was supposed to be two separate fleets.

So far, got proper salvage in every case. Any thoughts on what may be different here?

Hmmmm.... So after the battle, I got a dialog saying something about how I couldn't pursue the enemy, with two options; the first was disabled and the second was "Leave". I believe the faction I was aiding had only the station present in the battle, and that station was destroyed, so their forces were entirely defeated. Also there was a bounty active, though that doesn't really seem like something that would matter.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »

Unfortunately nothing really solid. 

One case that was strange was the attacking of Pather base where I made a save before attacking it (I make saves before attacking most bases, but unfortunately this has been overwritten).  After defeating it I received no salvage from it (despite needing it badly at the time).  I continued to play for a bit before being defeated in another battle and ended up reloading the same save before the attack on the same Pather base that did not award salvage....this time after defeating it it did award me salvage.

I'm going to go star base destroying for a while to see if I can at least get some solid, more useful info to go on.

ike

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 19, 2019, 12:53:28 AM »

Re: RC7
Great update sir. I see more than a few issues that were bugging me in the changes and am really happy :D

One thing though,
  • Fixed issue with intel for some of the destroyed pirate bases sticking around indefinitely
is this intended to also apply to existing saves?
If yes, I see those intels still sticking around. If no, it's okay.

Btw,
About pirates spamming Atlases.
I think they sgould get something better from time to time,
I deliberately sell battleship blueprints to black markets to see more variations in pirate fleets  8)
(Just wanted to point out that you can manipulate composition of pirate fleets this way, in case some of you guys overlooked it)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 19, 2019, 01:14:02 AM »

Unfortunately nothing really solid. 

One case that was strange was the attacking of Pather base where I made a save before attacking it (I make saves before attacking most bases, but unfortunately this has been overwritten).  After defeating it I received no salvage from it (despite needing it badly at the time).  I continued to play for a bit before being defeated in another battle and ended up reloading the same save before the attack on the same Pather base that did not award salvage....this time after defeating it it did award me salvage.

I'm going to go star base destroying for a while to see if I can at least get some solid, more useful info to go on.
How many saves? SS keeps a back up save so if you only overwrote once, you could still grab it
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2019, 01:36:28 AM »

How many saves? SS keeps a back up save so if you only overwrote once, you could still grab it

Hmmm...I do actually have an older save (save copy) that predates that Pather base I think.  It was when I finished off exploring the last parts of the galaxy and I had to then deal with the Pathers/Pirates threatening my colonies.  It was a bit strange in a way because I had to defeat 3 Pather bases in a row to disrupt the Pather operations for a single system (2 colonies in the system, but even after defeating the first 2 Pather bases threatening those colonies, both listed the Pather cells as active), and I believe it was around then that the no salvage thing happened.

I'll try and replicate what I did from that point and see if it crops up again...although as mentioned before, attacking that same base after the reload gave me the salvage when it didn't before that reload, so perhaps it wont help...but worth a try.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2019, 02:47:04 AM »

Is there any way now to remove decivilized status?

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2019, 04:51:22 AM »

I finally got up to where I thought the problem occurred with the 3 Pather bases and after collecting the info from the defecting Pather at the bar at one of my colonies I set out to destroy it.  My memory isn't the best but so far it looked to be in about the same position as last time.

Unfortunately after destroying base 1, I disrupted the Luddic Path Cells, where previously they remained active so I had to travel back to the affected colony and see another Pather at the bar to get the second Pather Star base, destroy that travel back again and get the third.  This time however I disrupted them after the first base was destroyed, which is different. 

Looks like those other based disappeared or never existed this time around.  I *think* that it was the third Pather base that had the no-salvage problem and it was in an asteroid belt around a star (which the first base I just destroyed isn't in).

I'll guess I'll just get back to finding bases to destroy and hope that I run across this intermittent problem.  If it is any consolation it didn't happen very often in my RC6 play through and I have yet to run across the issue in RC7 (still on my RC6 started save).

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2019, 05:50:08 AM »

I deliberately sell battleship blueprints to black markets to see more variations in pirate fleets  8)
(Just wanted to point out that you can manipulate composition of pirate fleets this way, in case some of you guys overlooked it)

This, it's a great way to spice up the lategame, as counter-intuitive as it may seem.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2019, 06:00:18 AM »

I do not sell blueprints to pirates because 1) they lose their identity and 2) I do not want the make it easier for them to decivilize my golden geese (especially New Maxios) in core worlds.  If I need to fight pirates to stop them for killing everyone, I do not want to make it any harder for me to kill pirates.

I suppose if I want to kill core worlds and want to fight their ships again, I need to sell blueprints to pirates.  That means I can never learn blueprints until I find two copies first because duplicates do not spawn except from salvaging.

Another reason why blacklisting blueprints would be handy.  I need to learn blueprints for hulls I never want to use (either for patrol composition or custom production) just so new unknown blueprints spawn after I raid a colony.  I noticed that I see repeat (LC) blueprints after raiding Asher because (it is so close to New Maxios and also relatively undefended, and) I never learned the Luddic Church bundle (because I do not need them and do not want to corrupt my patrols with green ships).  Similarly, I will get repeat Atlas and Prometheus because I do not want to learn those ships and slow my patrols down, even though I want a few for my personal fleet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:04:18 AM by Megas »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2019, 08:50:50 AM »

Thought:

Luddic Church and independents have received some heavy industry in 0.9.1 so players can raid for their blueprints and to give them a leg up in terms of ship quality.
But isn't it kind of overdoing it lore-wise to give them both an Orbital Works with corrupted nanoforge? This is as good as what the much more canonically sophisticated Tri-Tachyon has.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »

In my new game, I found two Arid planets with "Mild Climate".  One of them having 75% hazard as a result.  (The other has more hazardous conditions beyond "Hot" for 125% or so hazard.)

Question:  What does Mild Climate really mean?  I have a hard time seeing how Mild Climate can combine with Hot (like on Arid planet) or Cold, since the description of Mild says "warm and docile", but Arid is "hot".  (I have not seen mild on Tundra, Jungle, or (drools) Terran yet, but a quick glance at the csv seems to indicate they can appear.)  I have no problem seeing Extreme Weather on the likes of Desert or Jungle worlds.

My new game's seed is MN-7.  Just east of Nakara is a constellation with two excellent colony systems.  One has a Tundra planet with all five resources (enough with Industrial Planning).  Further to the east near the sector edge are two star systems with aforemented Arid planets with Mild Climate and good resources, although player probably will not have enough colony slots without alpha cores to get everything.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2019, 09:57:02 AM »

Mild climate is "welcoming and docile", not necessarily warm.  I interpret it less violent weather than Earth (so no hurricanes, no tornadoes, nothing dangerous in terms of weather).  Although I don't know if you can have both mild climate and extreme weather.  I haven't seen it, but I don't know if the code will let it happen.

But yeah, it should be possible to get a random Terran planet with 50% hazard rating like Gilead now.  Although given the 0.9.1a changes, it certainly seems less important.

Started a few spacer runs with the latest release, and finally got one to stick.  You really can get away with not doing bounty missions at all and not even equipping weapons early game.  By just doing exploration missions and not actually fighting anything early on, just running when caught, I've ended up at only suspicious with the pirates.  Although I may have to change that stance, as Asharu just got a decivilization warning (and has a -9 stability penalty due to pirate raids).

Too bad there's not a diplomatic option to help stabilize a colony like we do for our own colonies, by maybe talking to the Admin on the planet and offering emergency supplies, credits, etc.

Apparently being only suspicious with Pirates has resulted in no pirate raids on my planets (using MN-1234567890 seed, vanilla RC7), which resulted in two terrain planets in Duzahk, plus a cryovolanic with abundent volatiles plus ores.  Even with the spacer debt, I'm pulling in over 150,000 credits a month profit with a Size 5, 4 , and 3 colonies in Duzahk.  Which is enough to pay off the single AI inspection, single Sindarin and single Persean raids, plus start some custom production runs (found an Astral blueprint so I guess carrier heavy fleet).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 19, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »

Yep, pure vanilla. Patrol fleet for an LP station. Reflecting on it, the thing that strikes me as interesting here is that this is the first one I've noticed over the 30 ship limit... and it's full on double it. Almost like it was supposed to be two separate fleets.

Huh, strange - well, I'll keep an eye out!

Hmmmm.... So after the battle, I got a dialog saying something about how I couldn't pursue the enemy, with two options; the first was disabled and the second was "Leave". I believe the faction I was aiding had only the station present in the battle, and that station was destroyed, so their forces were entirely defeated. Also there was a bounty active, though that doesn't really seem like something that would matter.

Thank you for the added info! Gave this a try - didn't cause the issue, either. Which I guess is good in the sense that it's probably not going to require a hotfix due to not being a general issue, but bad since, you know, haven't actually fixed it yet.

I finally got up to where I thought the problem occurred with the 3 Pather bases and after collecting the info from the defecting Pather at the bar at one of my colonies I set out to destroy it.  My memory isn't the best but so far it looked to be in about the same position as last time.

Unfortunately after destroying base 1, I disrupted the Luddic Path Cells, where previously they remained active so I had to travel back to the affected colony and see another Pather at the bar to get the second Pather Star base, destroy that travel back again and get the third.  This time however I disrupted them after the first base was destroyed, which is different. 

Looks like those other based disappeared or never existed this time around.  I *think* that it was the third Pather base that had the no-salvage problem and it was in an asteroid belt around a star (which the first base I just destroyed isn't in).

I'll guess I'll just get back to finding bases to destroy and hope that I run across this intermittent problem.  If it is any consolation it didn't happen very often in my RC6 play through and I have yet to run across the issue in RC7 (still on my RC6 started save).

Thank you for trying to reproduce for the problem! I'll keep an eye on this as well, but at least so far so good as far as it not just something being totally borked.

Is there any way now to remove decivilized status?

I don't believe so, but I might be forgetting about something.

Mild climate is "welcoming and docile", not necessarily warm.  I interpret it less violent weather than Earth (so no hurricanes, no tornadoes, nothing dangerous in terms of weather).  Although I don't know if you can have both mild climate and extreme weather.  I haven't seen it, but I don't know if the code will let it happen.

Right, yeah. Mild Climate and Extreme Weather are mutually exclusive, btw.

Too bad there's not a diplomatic option to help stabilize a colony like we do for our own colonies, by maybe talking to the Admin on the planet and offering emergency supplies, credits, etc.

(Hmmm.)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »

I thought Mild Climate could mean no deadly weather, but it did not seem clear enough.  I would not consider below freezing or 100+F degree weather mild.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62