Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351622 times)

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2019, 06:45:18 AM »

If you deploy as usual, order a mass retreat and then deploy again, do you lose any loot? If during the retreat the last ship on the battlefield dies, does it count the whole battle as lost, somehow? I use redeployment pretty liberally and have no issues with it, but other people don't share my experiences and now I'm not sure anymore if it's as good of a strategy as I thought.

If I recall correctly, Alex did fix the lost loot from retreat to reengage bug in 0.9 so long as you win, but there's still an issue with losing the experience gain you would've gotten.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2019, 06:59:01 AM »

I think what SCC is asking is what happens (to loot) if all ships deployed by player leave the playing field, but all of the enemies self-destruct before fade-to-black and encounter menu?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »

If I recall correctly, Alex did fix the lost loot from retreat to reengage bug in 0.9 so long as you win, but there's still an issue with losing the experience gain you would've gotten.
It didn't look unusually small, so that's good to confirm. Perhaps the other person was still speaking from their older experience.
but all of the enemies self-destruct before fade-to-black and encounter menu?
Nothing happens to enemies, they just stay there. If anything, I was curious what happens if your temporarily only ship on the field (the one that didn't retreat yet, after all others did) gets destroyed, since I was told that this may result in a situation where battle is counted as a loss. I never experienced this, but I'm asking to confirm if it's possible.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2019, 11:14:56 AM »

Yes! New development patch notes!
And, do you have any ideas about new forum's style? I mean, default styles couldn't show "this is starsector forum", why not add some logo on the top of the website?such as replacing the logo of "simplemachines forum"

Hmm, yeah, I ought to look at that at some point... it would involve finding someone reliable/qualified/etc to do the work of creating a new theme, and it's more time on my end, so it's not exactly trivial.

Awesome!
It is little things like this and how easy it is to mod SS that makes it such a great game in my eyes!
I fully agree with Midnight Kitsune. The more things we can modify without the need to be a rocket scientist, the better.
It makes this sandbox game truly, euh, sandboxy. Thanks for doing just that!

<3

Thank you! This was one of the main goals from the very start - being something I enjoy in games myself - so I'm really happy it's delivering in that regard. (Some things are unfortunately harder to mod than others, but, well, I do what I can.)

It didn't look unusually small, so that's good to confirm. Perhaps the other person was still speaking from their older experience.

Yeah, that one should be fixed, so you should be fine. If not that'd be a bug.

Nothing happens to enemies, they just stay there. If anything, I was curious what happens if your temporarily only ship on the field (the one that didn't retreat yet, after all others did) gets destroyed, since I was told that this may result in a situation where battle is counted as a loss. I never experienced this, but I'm asking to confirm if it's possible.

It might be possible, I'm not actually sure. You'd see the "you lost the battle" text in the dialog you come back to, though, and it would affect your available options, so you'd know if it happened.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »

Yes! New development patch notes!
And, do you have any ideas about new forum's style? I mean, default styles couldn't show "this is starsector forum", why not add some logo on the top of the website?such as replacing the logo of "simplemachines forum"

Hmm, yeah, I ought to look at that at some point... it would involve finding someone reliable/qualified/etc to do the work of creating a new theme, and it's more time on my end, so it's not exactly trivial.

If we can cast aside the whole "where a dev should spend time&resources" discussion, I'd like to throw in that I actually really like your forum's look. It kinda makes me feel "at home", safe and sound, perhaps a bit nostalgic.

Seeing how over-designed many forums (and websites in general) are nowadays, that's nice. Flashyness gets old very quickly.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2019, 04:35:07 PM »

If we can cast aside the whole "where a dev should spend time&resources" discussion, I'd like to throw in that I actually really like your forum's look. It kinda makes me feel "at home", safe and sound, perhaps a bit nostalgic.

Seeing how over-designed many forums (and websites in general) are nowadays, that's nice. Flashyness gets old very quickly.

So it's not just me :) I actually like this look, too - I think you put it really well, or at least that resonates with me.

Anything new certainly wouldn't be flashy - just slightly more themed in a hopefully understated way - and you'd still be able to use this theme if you wanted. So - even if I get around to this, not to worry!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »

Sent you a PM!

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 29, 2019, 10:51:36 PM »

I'd prefer to keep it subtle, if it's going to be messed with.  This Forum's nothing fancy, but it's readable and clean. 

Please don't trade it in for something that's hard to read but looks "cool", lol.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Tantalum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2019, 09:17:11 AM »

Hey Alex,

I Love the game so far, it's fantastic.

I was wondering if there was a plan to make a borderless window mode? Full screen doesn't really work for my monitor as far as I know, always have to use windowed.

Also I agree that the early part of the game is usually the more fun part. Sooner or later, towards the endgame it feels as if you get too powerful and there isn't a fleet that can take you on, is there any plan to make the endgame a bit more challenging?

Again, thanks for all the work, I'm truly enjoying the game a lot!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »

I Love the game so far, it's fantastic.

Thank you! I'm really happy you're enjoying the game. Also, welcome to the forum :)

I was wondering if there was a plan to make a borderless window mode? Full screen doesn't really work for my monitor as far as I know, always have to use windowed.

It's already in - if you run the game at the full-screen resolution without checking "fullscreen", it'll run in a borderless window.

If you want to run this way at a less than full resolution, you can open data/config/settings.json, find this:

"undecoratedWindow":false,

and change it to true. IIRC that'll cause the game window to be borderless at any resolution.

Also I agree that the early part of the game is usually the more fun part. Sooner or later, towards the endgame it feels as if you get too powerful and there isn't a fleet that can take you on, is there any plan to make the endgame a bit more challenging?

Yep, very much so. I'd say the current release lacks a "true" endgame, so, yeah, once you've built up, there's not too much left - beyond mods, of course!

R.U.A

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2019, 04:41:28 AM »

Two-stage missiles that target a ship that gets phased go into the second "burn" phase permanently
I'm quite confused about this line. Does it mean that if I fire a sabot toward a Doom class, it will immediately get accelerated and go into the high speed stage?
Fixed issue where stat changes from terrain etc would not show up on the ship stat tooltips for non-player fleets
Emmmm...Could you give an example of this situation?
Access to RDS failed.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2019, 04:43:28 AM »

So it's not just me :) I actually like this look, too - I think you put it really well, or at least that resonates with me.

Anything new certainly wouldn't be flashy - just slightly more themed in a hopefully understated way - and you'd still be able to use this theme if you wanted. So - even if I get around to this, not to worry!

I think I agree with most of Shoat's idea. What I think is just something more easy to know "it's a starsector forum"
My mods

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »

Oh Alex, completely without context, I want to mention that I'm back home from vacation in a few hours. And close to my PC again. You know. Just saying. In case you were waiting for that to happen.  :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »

Release anxiety gets even the best of us, eh? I wonder what was it that had Alex wait for it.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2019, 05:19:37 PM »

Oh Alex, completely without context, I want to mention that I'm back home from vacation in a few hours. And close to my PC again. You know. Just saying. In case you were waiting for that to happen.  :)

I was hoping it'd be this weekend but if it was next, I've got an empty Saturday waiting... ;)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62