Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351576 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Quick question (more appropriate for 0.9, but I completely missed that in those patch notes until I re-read it a few days ago):  If transponder-off black market trade does not raise suspicion level at all (like it used to in 0.8 ), does this mean patrols will not demand custom scans (after I leave then return to market at a later time with transponder on)?

I believe this is correct, yes. So there's actually a reason to sneak in at times...

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2019, 12:46:50 AM »

Was your ship count maxed at the fleet cap when you came back for the Legion?
I changed the fleet cap so it was less awkward playing with hobo junkfleets.
> "maxShipsInFleet":50, #30
Doesn't appear to affect salvaging in general up to the new limit, but that Legion definitely allowed me to attempt recovery the first time but not the second.
(And not all of the Legion XIVs appear to be recoverable anyway, as some go directly to scrap upon investigation like any other derelict.)

I don't have that save any more, and I don't have any Legions sighted in my current game.
I will try and see if I can duplicate this when I find one.

[e]
Just tested this and could not reproduce the issue regardless of fleet number/cap settings.
I'm quite happy to be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:43:45 AM by Serenitis »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2019, 09:58:53 PM »

Hey Alex, I just noticed your latest tweet and figured I'd ask: are you planning on documenting the changes to ship and industry prices in the patch notes? It would help other modders balance their stuff better so it falls in line better with vanilla
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2019, 11:20:53 PM »

Was your ship count maxed at the fleet cap when you came back for the Legion?
I changed the fleet cap so it was less awkward playing with hobo junkfleets.
> "maxShipsInFleet":50, #30
Doesn't appear to affect salvaging in general up to the new limit, but that Legion definitely allowed me to attempt recovery the first time but not the second.
(And not all of the Legion XIVs appear to be recoverable anyway, as some go directly to scrap upon investigation like any other derelict.)

Have you interacted with it with a max sized fleet? I've found that if I interacted with a recoverable fleet with a 30 ship fleet, then even if I go back to it later with fewer ships, it would not be recoverable. I recently posted a bug report.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »

Hey Alex, I just noticed your latest tweet and figured I'd ask: are you planning on documenting the changes to ship and industry prices in the patch notes? It would help other modders balance their stuff better so it falls in line better with vanilla

I've got more patch notes to post, yeah! Either with the release or a bit before, just depending on how things go.

Let me post these specific changes here, though:

Added to settings.json:
   "industryBuildCostMult":5,
   "industryUpkeepMult":1,
   "industryIncomeMult":1,

Adjusted ship credit costs
   For "standard" ships, the progression was something like 10k - 20k - 50k - 250k based on size
   Now it's around 10k - 40k -120k - 350k
   Phase ships cost as if one size higher
   Frigates are largely, but not entirely, unaffected
   Lots of exceptions - civilian ships, light destroyers/cruisers, etc can have a significantly lower cost
   Heavy Industry: custom production increased to 25k per S&W unit (was: 20k)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »

Heavy Industry: custom production increased to 25k per S&W unit (was: 20k)
This looks nice, although I guess it offsets the extra effort or time required to increase population.  Currently, I want heavy industries (with nanoforges) on all of my colonies so I can build a capital or lots of stuff in a month.

Edit:  Just noticed that ships may cost more!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

Yeah, it's mostly to have production keep pace - more or less - with the increased costs :)

R.U.A

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »

Some AI issues with carriers:
  • A lot of ships in mods should be viewed as "combat carrier", like the Odyssey in vanilla. However, in 0.9 we often see this kind of ships moving without 0-flux boost since they have wings. Would there be some tweaking for these ships? And I notice that in ship_data.csv Odyssey have no tags, but Legion have "COMBAT, CARRIER", what's the difference between them?
  • Another issue of carriers. 4 ships' relavant position is like this:
    A B C D
    in which A and D is two enemy ships that almost overload, and B and C is two carriers of the player. However, B would attack D, C would attack A, seemingly unreasonable. I wonder if there is any improvements for this in 0.91.
Thanks! :)
Access to RDS failed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »

Updated! This is the final batch of notes, just a little more testing left to do.

A lot of ships in mods should be viewed as "combat carrier", like the Odyssey in vanilla. However, in 0.9 we often see this kind of ships moving without 0-flux boost since they have wings. Would there be some tweaking for these ships?

That issue (setting wings to attack unnecessarily) should be fixed, yes.

And I notice that in ship_data.csv Odyssey have no tags, but Legion have "COMBAT, CARRIER", what's the difference between them?

It affects the AI and some other stuff such as fleet doctrines/fleet compositions.

Another issue of carriers. 4 ships' relavant position is like this:
A B C D
in which A and D is two enemy ships that almost overload, and B and C is two carriers of the player. However, B would attack D, C would attack A, seemingly unreasonable. I wonder if there is any improvements for this in 0.91.

That's not necessarily an issue. A fighter attack is often more effective when it has a little more distance to travel (due to being able to line up better), so it's impossible to answer the question without seeing a very specific example. Although, well, the answer is probably "no", with the caveat that - again - that wouldn't necessarily be an improvement :)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2019, 05:17:40 PM »

Quote from: Alex
Game will throw an exception on load if a faction refers to missing ships/weapons/hullmods/fighters/industries

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :'(

Is there any way to work around this? I have a mod faction that lists a couple hulls by name from another mod, which currently is handled in a robust enough way that it just doesn't spawn those ships when the other mod isn't active, and does when they are.

The main alternative that I can think of is just listing their tags, but that either requires me getting somebody else to add tags to their mod for my convenience, or me including all their ships with the tag instead of just a couple.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »

Is there any way to work around this? I have a mod faction that lists a couple hulls by name from another mod, which currently is handled in a robust enough way that it just doesn't spawn those ships when the other mod isn't active, and does when they are.

There isn't, no - sorry! This doesn't seem like a good idea, though. If a missing ship ID is present in a faction's "known ships", for example, it's not just your code that has to be robust in handling this, but all of vanilla and every single other mod that might conceivably do something based on what ships a faction knows. It's a "random" crash waiting to happen.

If you want to do this, I think a more robust way to do it would be to manually add those ships (and remove some other ships to compensate?) to whatever fleets you want via a script (say, in a "reportFleetSpawned(CampaignFleetAPI fleet)" method, or in some other way after it spawns.)

Astraltor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »

Hammerhead: increased supply cost to deploy and per month to 10 (was: 8)

8) while incorrect, is an accurate representation of the hammerhead.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »

Haha, fixed that up 8)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »

Will there be any way for the player to find luddic path bases now that the exploit has been fixed?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

Yeah - ought to be in the notes somewhere, but it's like with the pirate bases, you can go to the bar and find someone to have a chat with.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62