Fractal Softworks Forum
April 18, 2019, 03:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18); In-dev patch notes for 0.9.1a (01/31/19)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes  (Read 30318 times)
Megas
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »

I do not mind the early-game jackpot.  It is nice to get some good stuff early so that it is handy when I can build things.  What is annoying is getting more junk or nothing late and I still need to raid core worlds for the rest of the blueprints I cannot find (which are many) and possibly the pristine nanoforge.  Alpha cores tend to be rare (although I have not used cores in my games).

In some games, I find something great (like pristine nanoforge) early, then could not find more later.  I rather have a good find early, ready to use anytime when I am ready, instead of grinding at the end (raiding core worlds) after I have effectively won the game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:40:14 PM by Megas » Logged
Wyvern
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2019, 08:44:10 PM »

My issue is more that late game even a fresh colony will have bad loot, as blueprints don't replicate so instead the ruins get nothing.
Blueprints do replicate, actually; it's hullmod specifications that get filtered out if you already know them.

It's both - ruins won't give duplicate (known) blueprints or hull mods. And since you don't get to reroll the duplicate blueprints or anything, it does indeed mean the quality & value of ruins finds greatly diminishes as a game advances.
False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)

Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
eamax
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »

There's a bug (fixed for .1) where the deserter bounties - the ones that are supposed to be the tough ones - use pirate-available weapons and fighters, instead of drawing from their original faction's sets. This makes them woefully under-gunned; probably what you're experiencing.

After testing, that's the problem. I need this fix now <3 !
Shad
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2019, 10:36:03 PM »

My issue is more that late game even a fresh colony will have bad loot, as blueprints don't replicate so instead the ruins get nothing.
Blueprints do replicate, actually; it's hullmod specifications that get filtered out if you already know them.

It's both - ruins won't give duplicate (known) blueprints or hull mods. And since you don't get to reroll the duplicate blueprints or anything, it does indeed mean the quality & value of ruins finds greatly diminishes as a game advances.
False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)
I have tried this in a few campaigns and can't seem to get mining blueprint  dupicates. It's always the same: early game tech mines rain blueprints from any planet. Late game I could simultaneously colonise 3-4 pristine extensive/vast ruins and not have a single blueprint in half a year or more.

Research bases do appear do drop duplicates though.
Zhentar
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »

False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)

Look harder then, because TechMining.generateCargoForGatheringPoint clearly filters out known ship, weapon, fighter, and industry blueprints in addition to hullmods.

Edit: I think it would be nice if the filtered out blueprints rolled AI core replacements. I've got 5 synchrotrons and 23 corrupted nanoforges in storage but not enough Alpha or Beta cores! Plus gamma cores to buy forgiveness from factions after covert raids for blueprints would be nice  Wink

As for tech mining, I think it would work better to roll a list of "special"/"first" finds up front and then trickle them out over a couple years. I'd rather have the fixes in 0.9.1 and wait for 0.10 for that, though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:44:23 AM by Zhentar » Logged
Thaago
Admiral

Quantum Mechanic

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2019, 04:32:47 PM »

Huh. I most certainly get duplicate blueprints - I must have gotten 7 luddic blueprint packs in my last run, and I certainly did not have all of them (I never did get any missiles, which was a giant PITA. I really want the low, med, and high tech packs to have at least a few missile racks).
Wyvern
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »

Huh.  Double-checked the code again, and it looks like I did, in fact, misread it.  ...Really could have sworn I'd gotten duplicate blueprints out of those, but I guess not.  (Research Stations and the like, though, can definitely give duplicate blueprints.)

Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

Your Friendly Forum Friend

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2019, 11:19:04 PM »

Alex, this is in reply to your Twitter post since I have no Twitter
As someone that has played SS on three laptops, using their trackpads, through out the years, I can say that as long as the trackpad has decent palm protection/ detection and dedicated buttons, you can play SS with it. I only had to get a mouse to play SS with my newest laptop due to the fact that it has neither of those and is similar to the (cr)apple one button trackpad design

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
Alex
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2019, 11:36:10 PM »

As someone that has played SS on three laptops, using their trackpads, through out the years, I can say that as long as the trackpad has decent palm protection/ detection and dedicated buttons, you can play SS with it. I only had to get a mouse to play SS with my newest laptop due to the fact that it has neither of those and is similar to the (cr)apple one button trackpad design

Thank you! Going to point them to this.
Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

Your Friendly Forum Friend

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2019, 03:18:24 AM »

Thank you! Going to point them to this.
No problem! One note though is that I played with such low end machines that my average FPS was around 15 to 30. SS feels SOOO much different between 30 and 60! no

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: