Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351505 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »

Right, yeah, up to a (pretty high) limit.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2019, 07:52:37 PM »

So I think I'm something like 10 for 10 "steady" pod officers. Are they supposed to always be steady?

Would be nice if Loadout 3 OP rounded up/nearest/even so tugs could get a 6th OP for a second hull mod.

Is there a minimum time before missions are withdrawn? There have been a few times now I've gone to look at a new mission notification and it's already withdrawn.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2019, 11:46:01 PM »

My issue is more that late game even a fresh colony will have bad loot, as blueprints don't replicate so instead the ruins get nothing.
Blueprints do replicate, actually; it's hullmod specifications that get filtered out if you already know them.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

So I think I'm something like 10 for 10 "steady" pod officers. Are they supposed to always be steady?

No, though [personal opinion] Steady really is probably the best roll, but Aggressive and even Reckless can have their usages in rushers and/or phase ships, and Cautious can be useful for missile or "artillery" ships [/personal opinion]

But no, they are not, and I have seen many officers of all personalities. You might wanna buy a lottery ticket with your luck.

Would be nice if Loadout 3 OP rounded up/nearest/even so tugs could get a 6th OP for a second hull mod.

Not to just poo-poo your idea, but this seems like a very specific application/reasoning. That you can fit any hullmods on an Ox in the first place seems like a bit of a stretch, especially given they can readily fit IEA, which then lowers their sensor profile to match that of the capitals you probably already have in your fleet that justifies having tugs in the first place.

Is there a minimum time before missions are withdrawn? There have been a few times now I've gone to look at a new mission notification and it's already withdrawn.

Now, that's an Alex question.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2019, 03:53:06 PM »

Oh, hmm - it depends on where you find the pods, and further out defaults to using the independent faction, which is all "steady". Let me change it so there's a bit more variety; there.

Technically it could happen immediately, yeah. There's a delay from when the mission is created, but not from when the player first sees it. I should probably tweak this at some point.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2019, 04:52:59 PM »

I've had the 'mission disappearing instantly' thing happen multiple times. I'm also pretty sure I've seen them disappear right after spawning but I could be mistaken.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »

No, though [personal opinion] Steady really is probably the best roll, but Aggressive and even Reckless can have their usages in rushers and/or phase ships, and Cautious can be useful for missile or "artillery" ships [/personal opinion]

But no, they are not, and I have seen many officers of all personalities. You might wanna buy a lottery ticket with your luck.

Well yeah, for the most part I'd prefer steady, but I've already got more than I need, and I could use an officer or two that's more aggressive.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »

On the topic of rather improbable "luck".... After searching literally over half of the galaxy for a hint of a Legion XIV, I found five of them (four recoverable) in two constellations right next to each other. And two more derelict legions in other systems in the larger constellation, which I'm going to guess were unrecognizable XIVs. Are they supposed to be spread out more than that? Seems kind of weird...

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »

The Legion XIV's are populated in constellations, so yes they are very clustered! Other things are populated in regions as well...

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »

Sure, but somehow 'remnant beacon systems often come in pairs' and 'domain probes are usually found near systems with domain survey ships' manages to feel better in both atmosphere and balance than 'every system in two constellations contains exactly one derelict capital ship of a variety that cannot be found anywhere else in the sector'

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »

I do agree with that! It would be much more interesting if interspersed between the Legion XIV's were other hegemony ships, or even derelict redacteds. Signs of a massive battle, etc.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2019, 07:56:31 AM »

My issue is more that late game even a fresh colony will have bad loot, as blueprints don't replicate so instead the ruins get nothing.
Blueprints do replicate, actually; it's hullmod specifications that get filtered out if you already know them.

It's both - ruins won't give duplicate (known) blueprints or hull mods. And since you don't get to reroll the duplicate blueprints or anything, it does indeed mean the quality & value of ruins finds greatly diminishes as a game advances.

Incidentally, the odds of rolling three hits from the set of {alpha core, synchrotron, nanoforge} on the first month of tech mining is about 1 in 120.

I don't think it's a very good design. You're very likely to get a huge jackpot for doing almost nothing early game, and it's all downhill from there.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2019, 10:37:11 AM »

I do not mind the early-game jackpot.  It is nice to get some good stuff early so that it is handy when I can build things.  What is annoying is getting more junk or nothing late and I still need to raid core worlds for the rest of the blueprints I cannot find (which are many) and possibly the pristine nanoforge.  Alpha cores tend to be rare (although I have not used cores in my games).

In some games, I find something great (like pristine nanoforge) early, then could not find more later.  I rather have a good find early, ready to use anytime when I am ready, instead of grinding at the end (raiding core worlds) after I have effectively won the game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:40:14 AM by Megas »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »

It's both - ruins won't give duplicate (known) blueprints or hull mods. And since you don't get to reroll the duplicate blueprints or anything, it does indeed mean the quality & value of ruins finds greatly diminishes as a game advances.
False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »

There's a bug (fixed for .1) where the deserter bounties - the ones that are supposed to be the tough ones - use pirate-available weapons and fighters, instead of drawing from their original faction's sets. This makes them woefully under-gunned; probably what you're experiencing.

After testing, that's the problem. I need this fix now <3 !
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 62