Starsector > Announcements

Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes

<< < (178/184) > >>

Rasip:

--- Quote from: Alex on April 28, 2019, 11:09:21 AM ---

--- Quote from: GenericBurnerAccount on April 28, 2019, 11:00:27 AM ---4. Add a way to toggle "White-out" lens flare explosions (hurts my eyes)

--- End quote ---

In data/config/settings.json:
"enableShipExplosionWhiteout":true, -> change to false

--- End quote ---

Thank you. The strobe effect when wiping out larger fleets was really starting to hurt my eyes.

FabianClasen:
I just spent a few days playing this wonderful game again and wanted to give my few cents about the latest changes.
As a long time player since 2014, the way this game progresses feels fantastic. Most of the changes are very welcome and it approaches a finished flair.
While few years back i felt it was necessary to play with mods, because a lot of core features were still under development, i usually find myself just playing the base game nowadays, because it is fun on its own.
Things i have issues with are few, but one example though is the fleet headquarters taking up an industry slot. I feel like this unnecessarily takes from the fun factor of the late game, one of wich was seeing your own empires fleets all over the place. I understand you did this to kind of limit the late game impact of colonies, but i don't think most of the time the fleet headquarters benefits warrant the use of an industry slot, so the change just keeps the players from having these fine large faction fleets flying around.
So my suggestion at this point is to either remove the need for an industry slot (maybe offset by higher sustained cost), or making the headquarter more beneficial by allowing it to spawn expeditions. Maybe having the option to plan and spawn your own Faction-style expeditionary fleets, to attack known pirate/pather bases, or to impair another factions market share of some goods could be a fun addition. That also coincides with the headquarters description of projecting power throughout the sector.

Megas:

--- Quote from: FabianClasen on January 28, 2020, 07:28:10 AM ---Things i have issues with are few, but one example though is the fleet headquarters taking up an industry slot.

--- End quote ---
Is this Military Base/High Command?  I dislike it taking an industry slot because all colonies need it for proper colony or system defense (except maybe a system with more than three colonies).  Without bases, player needs to babysit colonies to kill the constant stream of invading fleets.  Patrol HQ is only good for reclaiming stolen relays while player is away from the system.

Meanwhile, core worlds, while they do not need to deal with oversized expeditions, they do need to deal with pirate raids, and they usually fail at stopping them from wrecking their colonies.

FabianClasen:

--- Quote from: Megas on January 30, 2020, 06:18:15 AM ---
Is this Military Base/High Command?

--- End quote ---

Yes those :)

Serenitis:
While removing the industry tag from the military base would make things much easier, it would also turn it into a "build this by default" item and remove the need for the player to make any kind of compromise in order to have that kind of defensive power.

Making it a structure would greatly help players who prefer to build colonies scattered over multiple systems. But the flipside is, by doing this players who like to concentrate in a single system can trivially neuter any kind of incursion by "stacking" bases. Which is probably not an intended outcome.

One potential way of mitigating this problem is imposing limits on the number of military installations it is possible for the player to construct.
For example:

* Patrol Base - No Limit.
* Military Base - Limit 1 per system.
* Central Command - Limit 1 per faction, allows the construction of an additional Military Base in the same system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version