Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 133718 times)

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #885 on: August 31, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »

Is there some setting in the files to change how much rep I lose when I defeat expeditions or a mod that does that?
Not in the base game as far as i know, but I'm new too.

But the mod Nexerelin has this line in its config  "enablePunitiveExpeditions=true", me thinks setting it to false would stop those expeditions.
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Lucky33

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 01, 2019, 01:17:20 AM »

Well the answer to that is to kill bounties more efficiently. If you can use less/cheaper ships, eventually the cost to get to the bounty is much less than the raw salvage from the fight, and the reward is pure profit on top.

I mean obviously - but there's only so efficient you can be when lugging the 4-5 capital ships necessary to take on a fleet of 6+ opposing capital ships for a $300,000 reward.

You can do any bounty at vanilla fleet size (120 DP while outnumbered) and no phaseships/carrier spam whatsoever.

STOLKAH

• Ensign
  • Once u go to sector you dont go back.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #887 on: December 24, 2019, 03:10:07 PM »

;D THANK YOU! <3 <3 <3! enjoying every single second of this Classic!

:) cant thank you all enough for this! appreciate all your effort! #cheers! & merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 03:11:58 PM by STOLKAH »
Att~ STOLK

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #888 on: January 07, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »

Well the answer to that is to kill bounties more efficiently. If you can use less/cheaper ships, eventually the cost to get to the bounty is much less than the raw salvage from the fight, and the reward is pure profit on top.

I mean obviously - but there's only so efficient you can be when lugging the 4-5 capital ships necessary to take on a fleet of 6+ opposing capital ships for a $300,000 reward.

You can do any bounty at vanilla fleet size (120 DP while outnumbered) and no phaseships/carrier spam whatsoever.

Also, it helps if you wait out bounties until there are a few in the same constellation or at least the same general area - then you maximize your efficiency by doing multiple in a single trip out from the core worlds.
I regularly lug around a fleet of 4 capitals + 4-6 cruisers + 14 destroyers/frigates (plus fleet supply train of cruiser and capital-sized tankers and cargo haulers) for bounties, and even deploying my entire DP allotment for each combat I still almost make back all of my spent supplies. I have to buy most of my fuel again when I get back to the core worlds, but that only eats up around $100k of my $600k+ profit (plus maybe another $50k on a replacement destroyer if one gets disabled in combat and isn't worth recovering after).

It's not as efficient as possible, but I enjoy having and using a larger fleet to crush my opponents - at least I still make a tidy profit from bounties even with a large fleet. I also play with a larger combat size of 500.

Rasip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2020, 01:50:00 PM »

4. Add a way to toggle "White-out" lens flare explosions (hurts my eyes)

In data/config/settings.json:
"enableShipExplosionWhiteout":true, -> change to false

Thank you. The strobe effect when wiping out larger fleets was really starting to hurt my eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]