Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Price displays are inconsistent  (Read 1379 times)

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Price displays are inconsistent
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:43:22 PM »

This Piranha unit is listed as having a base price of 6000c. I dock at a planet, and now it says that it'll sell for 1500c. Then it actually sells for 4800c.

Spoiler

[close]

There may be similar issues with the F1 displays. I've yet to figure out what's wrong with it, but trading is always way off from the expected outcome based on the displayed information.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Price displays are inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »

Thank you for letting me know! The tooltip was right (or, at least, was displaying the intended sell cost), but the actual sell cost was incorrect - fixed this up.

(The "base value" it shows when you're docked is the base value of the item, with the cost to buy being higher, and the credits from selling being smaller.)

Xehnon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »

it's not an isolated case.

Lots of prices or upkeep prices are just wrong especially in colony cases an example is when choosing to build Farming. it says base upkeep 5k and that the upkeep will be 5k but when you mouse over it says it will be 3k.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »

Right, yep - that's a different issue, but the good news is it's also fixed for the next release :)