Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Unknown Null Crash In Battle  (Read 1371 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Unknown Null Crash In Battle
« on: January 26, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »

Code
20977675 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager$O0.canBeGivenOrders(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.return(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This hapenning when i fight with Dickerson Fleet(stage 5).

In one battle i need to retreat 3 times and when i start 4 fight game has crashed after ships deployment.

Maybe it because i give to many blueprints to Pirates?

Mod list:
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Null Crash In Battle
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:28:54 PM »

This looks like it happens when DeployedFleetMemberAPI.getShip() returns null for a particular DeployedFleetMemberAPI.

Not sure why that'd happen - could perhaps happen if a script cleans out all the members of a fighter wing? But a fighter wing shouldn't have that called for it since it's not subject to being given orders (which looks to do with this based on the stack trace). So, hmm, hard to say exactly what's going wrong here.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Null Crash In Battle
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »

This looks like it happens when DeployedFleetMemberAPI.getShip() returns null for a particular DeployedFleetMemberAPI.

Not sure why that'd happen - could perhaps happen if a script cleans out all the members of a fighter wing? But a fighter wing shouldn't have that called for it since it's not subject to being given orders (which looks to do with this based on the stack trace). So, hmm, hard to say exactly what's going wrong here.
Hm... It means is can be caused by the carrier?

Maybe responsible Arjuna-class carrier from "Mayasuran Navy"? He have a strange dron-fighter and this ship has ben destroyed in previous fight. Or Anthracite-class from "Blue" because he have modular section with hangars which from lost in previous fight?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.